Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great place but confusing layout

A huge spread out museum but has a confusing layout. Parts are accessible by shuttle bus... read more

Reviewed 12 July 2023
ashokj338
Pune, India
via mobile
Grandparents and 5 yo - the best day!

From our 5yo’s perspective, he would give it a 10 on 10. From the shuttle bus ride to the Kids... read more

Reviewed 9 January 2024
carolynmY7922ZO

Recommended experiences in and around Toronto
from ₹6,216.67
from ₹958.25
from ₹1,664.06
from ₹13,124.09
1,778 results
All reviews all ages great place for kids interactive exhibits march break school groups imax rainforest cafeteria admission theatre films lockers downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2019

My kids had an awesome day at the Centre. Lots of stuff to do and we spent over 7hrs there. It was very clean and really good food options. My wife and I loved it as well as my kids. We will be going back. :)

Reviewed 18 August 2019

My wife, kids and I have been visting the Ontario Science Centre for a number of years now. My kids really enjoy it even though we often do the same things and there's not a lot in the way of new attractions. The lower level food court is quite reasonably priced and the food is always hot and fresh (although I warn you to avoid the undermanned, overpriced and truly awful coffee at the Maker Bean Coffee stand on the main level...I hope one day someone in senior management tries this coffee on his/her break and changes it).

However, I can't help but notice the Ontario Science Centre could really use a facelift. It's long overdue. Stained concrete inside and out, dim lighting in most areas, and old displays really give the place an ancient feel. There's not much in the way of interactivity here, except pushing the odd red button to get an answer to something. It really feels like a time capsule from the 70s (it opened in 1969), and a colleague of mine referred to the place as a 'bunker'.

They push their yearly memberships, although they really should consider a VIP Membership-only line for parking, entry into the building, or to purchase tickets to IMAX.

There also seems to be a great deal of outdoor space not used, which my daughter noted could be made into a new pavilion. The thing is - the city has grown a lot in the last half centry, and the centre has not kept up with the times. Overcrowding and no noise baffling really makes you exhausted within a very short time period. I visited the washrooms twice during our visit and all 4 soap dispensers remained empty. As a result of all these issues, we always leave a little earlier. I feel like anywhere else - the Zoo, the ROM, we would last a lot longer.

We had some issues today when we visited, and were told to sort them out next week with the main office (as it's closed on weekends). When I asked the girl at the main counter for help from a supervisor, I was told that wasn't possible.

I want to like the Ontario Science Centre but I'm going to recommend other family activities from now on, and consider not renewing our yearly membership. To be honest, the place is a little gloomy, and I'm always a little relieved when we exit and get back outside.

3  Thank BuddyMalloy
Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

We were 3 adults visiting on the city pass but we still enjoyed our visit. We visited early in the morning so there were not as many kids there but as we left there were definitely more children there. There was lots of interactive things to do. We ate in the cafe on level 6 which was very good.

Reviewed 10 August 2019 via mobile

We expected more from this attraction but it was clear to us that the Science Centre is for younger kids - toddler to 10. Nice coverage of basic science and the IMAX theatre is a bonus. We enjoyed it, but as an after thought we would not have gone there knowing it’s really for younger kids to engage them with science. Also, the Centre needs an infusion of cash to modernize parts of the facility. Not in disrepair but it does show its age. Some exhibits need a refresh.

3  Thank Mismel2kl
Reviewed 9 August 2019 via mobile

I am sure this is a great place but the day we visited it was over crowded with kids in either daycare or camps. Some exhibits did not work. Ultimately we found a couple of fun things for our grandchild. Definitely not an adult place

2  Thank brn2trvl2