While this hotel is clean and new, it is no where near a 4 or 5 star hotel at all. Our room, which was recently renovated, doesn't even have a full length mirror. The only mirror in the whole room in above the bathroom sink. When 3 women are attending a formal event, we need more than one mirror.
The bathroom sink plug sticks and will not open. The maintenance person had to use pliers to open it and we left it permanently removed because he warned us that it would likely stick again. Bathroom sinks MUST drain and this one did not.
We booked a room for 3 adults. When we arrived, there were only 2 names on the room. As such, there were only 2 bath towels. The front desk staff member said that more towels would arrive shortly. When we arrived back at the hotel 6 hours later, the towels were still not delivered. So we waited another 30 minutes for them to be delivered.
The hotel was under construction and renovations. We were warned that there would construction noises between 9am and 5pm. Yet, on Friday morning, our first morning in the hotel, the construction noises began at 7:40am!
There is a small kitchenette. When I mentioned to the very rude front desk woman that they should provide cutlery and dishes, she angrily told me that their hotel does not offer that. When I said that they should for better customer service and to improve its attraction to competing hotels within walking distance, she rudely told me "every property is different and you can't expect the same things at every hotel". Clearly, she could not take any constructive feedback.
The wifi worked occasionally but not consistently. When we checked in, we were not even given the information for the wifi at all. I had to figure it out myself.
The room was not cleaned very well either. It was clean when we arrived, but poorly cleaned during our stay. It did not meet my standards.
The elevators took between 5 - 10 minutes to arrive because the hotel was full, one elevator was under renovation, and the construction workers were using the service elevator and the customer elevator. A few times, we got in the elevator with our fancy dresses and came out covered in dust and soot! Not impressed!
I am appalled at the behaviour of the front desk woman when I checked out. I discussed these concerns with her and she did not offer an apology at all. She just told me that I shouldn't have the dishes / cutlery item on my list of concerns. She has no right to tell me what I can and cannot write on MY list of concerns. She told me that the manager would be in that afternoon and would call me. I left my list of concerns and my cell number. That was 5 days ago and I still have not received a phone call back. Terrible customer service!!!
The restaurant food is tolerable, but nothing to get excited about. Our breakfast meals were okay and our dinner was the same. The food is nothing to brag about for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make convenience the theme for your next trip into Pearson International Airport. The Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel is conveniently located 1km from the airport to which our shuttle runs complimentary 24-hours daily. Close to all major highways, Royal Woodbine Golf Course, Woodbine Casino & Slots and several major shopping malls, the Quality Suites is perfectly situated for your convenience. All our two room suites have a king size bed in the bedroom separated by French doors to a spacious living room. Whether you're organizing an 8-person boardroom meeting, holding team building event or holiday party we have the banquet space for you. Graffiti’s Italian Eatery & Saloon offers an exceptional dining experience. A relaxed atmosphere with over 180 seats to accommodate your dining needs. Your Hotel features many high-value amenities, including: Free high-speed internet access, Free airport shuttle, Weekday newspaper (available in lobby), Pet-Friendly hotel (nightly fee), Fitness Room, On-site car rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Suites Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites Toronto Airport Hotel Toronto
- Quality Inn Toronto
- Quality Hotel Toronto Airport