“I do NOT recommend this hotel.”

Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Ranked #101 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 3 August 2017

While this hotel is clean and new, it is no where near a 4 or 5 star hotel at all. Our room, which was recently renovated, doesn't even have a full length mirror. The only mirror in the whole room in above the bathroom sink. When 3 women are attending a formal event, we need more than one mirror.

The bathroom sink plug sticks and will not open. The maintenance person had to use pliers to open it and we left it permanently removed because he warned us that it would likely stick again. Bathroom sinks MUST drain and this one did not.

We booked a room for 3 adults. When we arrived, there were only 2 names on the room. As such, there were only 2 bath towels. The front desk staff member said that more towels would arrive shortly. When we arrived back at the hotel 6 hours later, the towels were still not delivered. So we waited another 30 minutes for them to be delivered.

The hotel was under construction and renovations. We were warned that there would construction noises between 9am and 5pm. Yet, on Friday morning, our first morning in the hotel, the construction noises began at 7:40am!

There is a small kitchenette. When I mentioned to the very rude front desk woman that they should provide cutlery and dishes, she angrily told me that their hotel does not offer that. When I said that they should for better customer service and to improve its attraction to competing hotels within walking distance, she rudely told me "every property is different and you can't expect the same things at every hotel". Clearly, she could not take any constructive feedback.

The wifi worked occasionally but not consistently. When we checked in, we were not even given the information for the wifi at all. I had to figure it out myself.

The room was not cleaned very well either. It was clean when we arrived, but poorly cleaned during our stay. It did not meet my standards.

The elevators took between 5 - 10 minutes to arrive because the hotel was full, one elevator was under renovation, and the construction workers were using the service elevator and the customer elevator. A few times, we got in the elevator with our fancy dresses and came out covered in dust and soot! Not impressed!

I am appalled at the behaviour of the front desk woman when I checked out. I discussed these concerns with her and she did not offer an apology at all. She just told me that I shouldn't have the dishes / cutlery item on my list of concerns. She has no right to tell me what I can and cannot write on MY list of concerns. She told me that the manager would be in that afternoon and would call me. I left my list of concerns and my cell number. That was 5 days ago and I still have not received a phone call back. Terrible customer service!!!

The restaurant food is tolerable, but nothing to get excited about. Our breakfast meals were okay and our dinner was the same. The food is nothing to brag about for sure!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter but difficult to access elevator and too high to climb stairs
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank kellybc2017
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Good Afternoon Kellybc2017,

Thank you for your review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. I completely understand your frustration. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product.
We take each comment and try to improve our services based on them.

S.Kumar

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

First the hotel should have a disclaimer that they are under constructions. It makes so difficult to access the elevator. there are three elevators, one is under constructions, 2nd one is using for construction transport , 3rd one is using for the guest. the elevator for the first barely functional. We were on the 6 floor. we had waited for over 20 min for the elevator to het to th3 6th floor but that is only by pressing th3 up button to go up then get off the 7th floor and then go back down. Yes please prepare yourself for delays.

Check in was smooth.

We were booked in the suites which you would think everything is nice. Sadly wrong, the washroom shower head and the faucet nearly came off from the wall. Luckily the bed is much much comfortable and the room is super clean.

for those you required wifi. The wifi is super slow that you barely have anything to load.

Too bad this is a good location just badly operate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Good Afternoon,

We take each comment and try to improve our services based on them.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I can't find one good thing to say about this hotel. I booked a room with 2 queen beds for a park/fly/sleep package for my trip to Cuba. I parked the car on July 22, checked my reservation, then had lunch before shuttling to the airport. The lobby,desk area and restaurant were full of people that were living in this hotel. It was very loud, children screaming and running around the restaurant with little or no supervision and chaos everywhere. There was absolutely nowhere for us to sit in the lobby to wait for the shuttle, we had to go and sit on the curb. Our flight home was a late one, arriving in Toronto at 2:00am Sunday morning. With the ground crew on strike we waited for over 2 hours for our luggage, then waited another half hour for the shuttle. We had been in transit for over 12 hours and were exhausted! Arriving at the hotel we checked in, got the keys and headed up to our room on the 10th floor. The elevator was filthy with garbage, and a scarf on the floor and it smelled terrible. There were huge stains on the rug in front of our room. When I opened the door there was one double bed. I travel with a friend that has medical issues and sleep problems so we require separate beds, and prefer it that way. We headed down to correct the problem and was told there weren't any more rooms. I complained, loudly, and was also told they were overbooked and had given our room away. It was 5:00am by this time.......we were both exhausted and cranky......was finally offered a room with a king bed( in the hotel that was overbooked) this was not a good solution but we took it. We didn't sleep at all and were downstairs by 7:30 to see the manager that I was told would be there in the morning. Of course he wasn't. The front desk clerk tried to help but could offer me nothing but free breakfast, as if I would attempt that again, or 10 percent off my bill. Really?! We were facing a 5 hour drive home after travelling all day and night and NO sleep. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone! Ever! If this was a residential hotel it should have been disclosed at the time of my booking.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Good morning Kathleen K,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport.

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our Hotel. We are in the process of making many positive changes. I've passed the information onto the Housekeeping Manager for further investigation. Rest assured that your next visit to Quality Suites Toronto Airport will be a much better experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We, family of six (2 adults, 4 kids under 10yrs old), stayed here one night on our way through Ontario.
It was a decent stay, the right price, room was clean, parking was about $20 and wifi free, the hotel was under some construction or restoration I think, only one elevator in service.
It was minimal overall but the room was large and clean and we had no issues with our stay.
Within walking distance to several restaurants.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Good Morning AllisonHyatt,

Thank you for your review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes our suites are large and spacious.

We are also currently in the process of making positive changes to the entire hotel.

Thanks again,

S. Kumar
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Very nice rooms with the renovations going on we had comfortable stay. Rest. B'Fast was great wide spread. they should display big bagels. Service is very good with the heavy rush in the morning the servers handle it very well. Front Desk staff is amazing very polite and we were welcomed to the hotel. dinner was great will recommend for any one staying at the hotel over all experience is great staying at this hotel

Room Tip: 324 was very Roomy and confirtable
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Good Morning prabhakaran,

Thank you for your review of the Quality Suites Toronto Airport. I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes we have one of the best team in the area.

Thanks again,

S. Kumar
Front Desk Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Comfort Inn Toronto Airport
#19 of 60 in Mississauga
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#73 of 137 in Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Quality Suites Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK