“Parking is Horrible”

Ranked #60 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
kitchener
“Parking is Horrible”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel its self is alright but the parking is horrible underground low and creepy the ramps are horrible my bottom of my car got ruined because of hitting the ramp many times and when i told management they said there not liable but now i am paying for my car which will cost and arm and leg. so whatever you do dont park in the garage underneath the hotel not worth wrecking your car bottom and paying 29 dollars a night for it! not impressive at all!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rd1992
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear kitchener,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I would like to apologize for the service you received during your recent stay, as well as the troubles you encountered in our parking garage. I have sent your concerns to our Rooms Division to follow up, as I can assure you this does not represent the level of service we aim to give our guests.

Sincerely

Guest Experience Specialist
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
vancouver
Reviewed 23 April 2012

On my way to Welland to visit Mom, i stopped over in Toronto for the night, and stayed at the Delta Chelsea Hotel.. My room was very comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful... I asked them where there was an internet cafe close by, because i needed to choose my seat for the flight back to Vancouver.. They told me there was a business centre in the hotel, and i could do that for free... So i did, and it saved me the hassle of going elsewhere... The room was spotless, and only one block from Yonge Street, which is where all the action is.. Malls, restaurants, pubs, shopping, etc.. I will continue to use this hotel from now on.. The price is also very reasonable... I would definitely recommend this hotel to all travellers, it won't disappoint..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Anne M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I was thrilled to hear you had such a great stay, and found our team members friendly and helpful. I was also pleased to hear that the hotels location was convenient for you, and found our rooms comfortable and clean.

We hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Husband and i, visited the Chelsea for a quick weekend trip to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. We found the hotel to be very nice, it was located in a great spot and we definitely will stay there again. I am a frequent traveler and generally do not complain unless certain things are deplorable. The only disappointments i found, were that the bathroom was not clean with hair in the tub( yuuuck, but not a huge deal) and then when packing to leave the next day, i noticed open empty creamer containers on the floor underneath the dresser, which makes me think that the dirty tub was not an overlooked issue after all, and that housekeeping simply did a poor job of ensuring that the room was sufficiently cleaned. I again did not feel it was a huge issue, after traveling from the US, i was too tired to deal with changing rooms, so i sucked it up and hoped to not discover anything else gross. In the evening as the temp dropped i began trying to turn on the heater,in the room only to discover that the hotel turns the heat on when they are ready, so all my fiddling with the thermostat was in vain, after i called the front desk they informed me they would soon cut the heat on. I will say the bed was by far the most comfortable thing i have ever slept in and my sleep was phenomenal. Overall i enjoyed the Chelsea and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear HappyHastings,

Thank you for finding the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to hear your trip with us was unpleasant. I apologize for the condition of your room as well as the temperature. I have forwarded your comments to the Rooms Division, as we take all feedback with concern.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Front desk really friendly; nice to be at the end of the hall with little separate entrance away from the crowds during spring break;
entire hotel needs a much needed overhaul; no access to balcony but with all the construction going on around the hotel not a major loss; Not even wired Internet access in the room if not in the lobby, then it was free.
No safe in room especially for those there on business or conferences who have to lug expensive equipment with them.

Way too expensive for a comfortable bed and a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the end of the hall with little separate foyer entrance....
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear magaimages,

Thank you for taking the to review us.

I was happy to hear that you found our staff friendly. I apologize that we do not offer wireless internet in our rooms. We are currently keeping track of the demand for wireless Internet. I have sent your feedback to our Rooms Division, as they are currently looking further into installing wireless Internet in the hotel.

Guest Experience Specialist

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I always stay here and love the location and the beds but this time I didn't upgrade my room and was disappointed. The room was very small,the towels very rough,no decent view,very dusty, poor access to the spa floor, and to top it all off, the service at checkout was almost rude, bordering on total indifference.

Room Tip: Upgrade and stay on the green side....easier to get to the spa.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kate1354
Dear kate1354,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to hear that your recent stay was not enjoyable. I apologize for the condition of your room and the customer service you received. I will follow up with the Rooms Division Manager on this issue, as we take all feedback with concern.