“Delta Chelsea Toronto”

Ranked #60 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Orleans
“Delta Chelsea Toronto”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Had a wonderful weekend at the Delta Chelsea. The customer service was exceptional and above and beyond what I expected. The location is great, perfectly situated a few blocks away from Dundas Square, Eaton Square and many restaraunts and boutiques. The rooms were average, very clean and comfortable. I recommend this hotel to anyone who has children and has never travelled to Toronto, everything you need is at your doorstep. Thank you Delta Chelsea SallyAnn Coupon

Room Tip: Specify if you want a room facing Dundas Square. It is a great view if you don't mind the city l...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you had a great time with us and you and your family have enjoyed your stay, and also found the location of the hotel convenient for shopping and dining within the city. I am pleased to hear that our team members have been welcoming and the service was exceptional.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Delta Chelsea Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2012

had a great weekend for family day the staff was more then excellent they handled the large volume of people with family day weeekend and winter follk with ease room clean and kids were treated great by staff aswell as adults . we had 2 nights booked but stayed an extra night due to the hospitality and atmoshere thanks staff at the delta

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

I was thrilled to hear that you had a great time with us and found the hospitality of our team members appealing. I am happy that you decided to stay an extra night and enjoyed the Family Day weekend with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

London
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here overnight with a friend in a deluxe room.
Hotel is quite central, and according to my friend, quite a popular hotel in the area.
Could tell this from the lobby that looked quite chaotic and more like it's part of a mini-mall or conference centre.

PROS:
* Beds were comfy, wide, and adequate pillows.
* Staff was courteous.
* Express check-out option.

CONS
* Price was okay, though I didn't quite get the extra £10 charge for an additional person. It was a 2 person room and we were two people. So what the hey?
* There was a somewhat stale/dank smell as we entered the room, and this persisted throughout the stay.
* There were shampoo, body lotion (cream), and mouth-wash. Where was the body wash for general cleaning????
* No wifi in rooms, only in the lobby.
* No mini-bar. 3 and a half star hotels usually have this.

So, all in all, I'd probably stay here again, but only because of the relatively low price and without much expectation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank vwh187
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I was pleased to hear that you found the hotel pleasant and have enjoyed your stay. We provide the amenities in rooms, and depending on categories as well, however if you are missing some necessary items please do not hesitate to inform our Housekeeping Department as they are more than happy to provide the items. The fridges in rooms are also provided upon request, as well as we have them permanently in our suites and kitchenette rooms.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Barrie
Reviewed 21 February 2012

*Kid friendly. Our children loved the pool and water slide. Arcade area is fun.
*I found the pool to be cold and the hot tub was very murky (lots of young children in it).
*The room was nice, but some of the furniture was worn (bathroom vanity, computer desk).
*NO HOT WATER for either morning. No showers, husband couldn't shave.
*Friendly and helpful staff.
*We would stay again.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I was pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and your children had fun at Family pool and water slide. I would like to apologize for the absence of hot water in the room during your stay. During the weekend the water pressure levels have dropped in the City of Toronto due to ongoing construction. That resulted in the low water pressure or lack of hot water all together in one of the hotel's towers. Since then, most of the issue has been resolved and our Engineering team is working hard to restore the service completely. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed in August 2011.The first night I stayed at the Delta Chelsea I had just flown in from Germany and was very jet lagged and tired. There were many young teenagers partying and making lots of noise in all throughout the hotel. I opened my hotel room door to see what the commotion in the hallway was and a lady from another room started yelling and swearing at me accusing me of waking her baby up. I called hotel security and they didnt do anything. The next evening i had a shower after the pool and the towel I used to dry myself with had long black hairs [I have very light blonde hair] all over it and it got all over me too! I discovered they were all over my bathtub and ceiling! disgusting! I had somebody come clean it but there were still hairs leftover.Check in was a breeze. Reception was very helpful and friendly- gave me many great recommendations on where to go, eat, what to see and do. The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the rooms are nice and comfortable. At check out I discovered that I had been charged $30 for using the internet [which I never had access to].. I talked to front desk to fix the problem and had to talk to 3 different people to sort it all out. It took over an hour but finally it was fixed. It wasnt a pleasant experience over all.

Room Tip: choose a room which is away from their many elevators [can be very noisy at night time!]
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.

I was disappointed to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay in August 2011. I am sorry about the experience you have had during the evening and the noise from the neighbours. I am truly sorry for the disappointment you must have felt with regards to the cleanliness of your room. I would like to reassure you this does not represent the level of service we are known for. We have programs in place to guarantee the cleanliness of our rooms, I am sorry they have failed in this instance.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels