“Excelent value, nice people”

Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Ranked #70 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Lisbon, Portugal
“Excelent value, nice people”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I've stayed at the Carlingview for 5 nights. I’ve been at Toronto for a convention at the city center, but I didn’t had time to plan the visit in advance, so I became in the only place where there were hotels available-near the airport. Apart the fact that I had to spend 50-55$ for each trip to downtown, this hotel becomes an excellent choice. The price was fair, all the personnel, from the reception to the waiters, was very kind and polite, the room was big and clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was recently renewed. I also must mention that the internet in the room was free and that they have a computer on the lobby for the guests use.
To have breakfast, one has to cross the hotel entrance (20m) to another hotel in front (the Marriot, I believe), were the breakfast was served. Considering my previous experiences in North America, I was surprised with the existence of yoghurts and fresh fruit, together with the other normal options: eggs, bacon, sausages, donuts, muffins, etc. All together, this hotel proved to be a very good option if you’re travelling to Toronto with a budget, because the lower price for this hotel pays, with advantage, the expense of travelling by taxi to the city center. I also must mention that the wi-f

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2012

hotel was very close to the airport, you could hear planes landing and taking off, but once they stopped was very quiet very clean, front desk was very attentive and helpful. 24 hour coffee and tea available in the lobby. not too many places to eat around the hotel though, you have to drive to a main road to find something

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Carlingview Hotel is acceptable choice for just an overnight visit. In my experience, it was clean, affordable and achieved all my realistic expectations. Certainly a viable option to just using Park 'N' Fly and for only a few more dollars. Save yourself the hassle of the traffic and the rushing around. Sleep in a few extra minutes. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast before you board the shuttle to the airport. Take advantage of parking included with your stay.

All in all, I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Rob H
Thorold, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a stop-over on our return from Mexico. We dropped our car off on the way down. The parking lot is located in a locked lot behind the hotel. When we dropped our car off we checked in with the front desk. The room had to be guaranteed by cash or credit card. The front desk man radioed the bus driver and he was at the front door within minutes. We placed our luggage on board and my wife boarded the bus. I followed him to the lot in my car. He unlocked the gate and I parked my car. Then he drove us to the airport.
On our return I called the hotel and the bus was there to pick us up in 10 minutes. He drove us back to the hotel. We checked in at 5:00 am, thanks to a flight delay. The front desk attendant told us that we would be allowed to stayuntill 1:00 pm considering the late arrival. That was nice. We were assigned our room and had keys in hand in no time at all. We were offered complimentary muffins and coffee or tea. I declined but my wife had a muffin.
The room was big, clean and well appointed. There was a king size bed with plenty of blankets, a big screen TV, coffee maker and a clean bathroom with a full bath.
When we checked out the front desk attendant called the bus driver and he arrived within minutes to take me back to the parking lot. I opted to leave the bags with my wife at the hotel and returned with the car. Everything was as smooth as glass. I was truly impressed. I've stayed at more reputable and way costlier hotels and not had this kind accommodationion or service. I would recommendend this place to anyone and I will certainly be using it again myself.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chuck333
toronto
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We have stayed at this hotel at least twice a year over the last 10 years. Some of the staff have been there that entire time. Rooms are always clean but a little dated. For the price it is a good place to stay and park your vehicle for a week or more. As I have read in other reviews the shuttle pickup from the airport can be hit or miss. This last trip into the airport took 45 min after I had reached the S5 pickup point. Having said that, getting to the airport is always on time. There are many good places to eat around the Carlingview, if Greek is not your cup of tea. Just remember if you open the bottled water i twill cost.

Room Tip: The aircraft stop flying after 11:00pm