“Good location, not much else” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Town Inn Suites

Town Inn Suites
Ranked #65 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“Good location, not much else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

The hotel is in a great location downtown, the rooms were big, and the balcony was nice, but those are about the only good things about it. The kitchen needed a new coat of paint desperately and half of the cabinets have an inch of dust. The shower had awful water pressure and there were hairs in the shower. At 460$ for three nights, the 12$ wifi and 22$ parking for every night seemed excessive to me. The elevators were terribly slow, there was more than one occasion where I waited for ten minutes for one to come. I will not be staying there again

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank joefin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This place is infested with bed bugs. I was bitten all over my body. The staff was not surprised when I told them. Definitely don't sleep here. I was freaked out for weeks imagining the infestation. I stayed on the 9th floor in a "refurbished suite".

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank aimes22

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

this place is the wors ever t!!!! TERRIBLE PLACE
(1) There are construction in the hotel and outside. all the days horrible noise!!! every day on the week!!! incluse Friday, Saturday and Sunday! from 8:00.a.m till 19:00.p.m. you can not do anything with this noises!!!! anything!!! even not to read or watch TV! they don't care!!!
(2) The elevators doesn't work! you can wait 1/2 an hour! and even more!!!
(3) The rooms are dirty!
(4) The service terrible!
(5) The laundry place have only 3 machines and most of the time it is not available!!!!!!!
(6) I could not sleep because the bed is not comftreble at all!!!!
and a lot more!!!!
it the worst place ever!!!! do not come this place!!!!

Room Tip: Do not come to this place!!! for your oun good!!! there are better places around the area!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Jeni A
London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

This would be my first time staying at Town Inn and if my first experience is to go by anything, I am not looking forward to it at all!! I called the day before my reservation to confirm everything was good to go for next day. Called [--] and pressed 1 for reservation, when a lady answered me and right after finding out why I was calling, I was put on hold. Everything normal here, except I was ON HOLD for 20 minutes plus!!!! I am in Customer Service myself and this is unacceptable. I ended up calling from my other phone and reached the same lady again( I was still holding on other line all this time)When I told her that she put me on hold and haven't gotten back to me for 20 minutes, her response was "Awww, I am not sure what happened but how can I help you?" No apology, no explanation!! By that time I was in no mood to talk or ask for any help. I actually had to ask her name myself because she didn't even bother introducing herself. The name was "Chris" and it appalled me that she had absolutely no remorse over leaving me on hold on a Long distance call!! This is ridiculous and Town Inn staff needs to be given a lesson in hospitality. Not happy at all!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pallavi K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I were meeting our son in Torontomfor a short visit. Normally we stay at the Sutton Place Hotel but this time I decided to stay at the Town Inn for nostagic reasons. Thirty years ago when he was six we stayed at the Town Inn and had a wonderful time. The rooms were good, the location central and the swimming pool was fantastic. This time I checked the hotel web site to learn that the hotel had been completely refurbished in the last year. Because of the web site and particularly the photographs of the updated suites we booked a two bedroom suite for two nights. Upon arrival we were informed that all the balconies on the north side of the property were under renovation. Not only were many of the balconies missing there was a warning posted in the lobby that there could be considerable demolition noise between 9:00 and 4:00. We were given a suite on the opposite side of the building with assurances that the noise would not be a factor. When we arrived at our supposedly refurbished suite we were greeted with a suite that had definitely seen much better days. The room was not properly cleaned. The floors, window sills and furniture were dusty. The kitchen counter was badly damage as if an electrical appliance had shorted out and burned. Both the range and fridge were old and dirty. There was a large closet in the suite that contained four old ripped and filty mattresses and box springs that were obviously being stored there instead of in the garbage where they belonged. If that was not enough, the room had a definite musty odour. When I complained to the front desk they offered to upgrade us to two one bedroom suites as no other two bedroom units were available. Unfortunately the new suites were on the construction side of the building and in one of them the balcony had been demolished but the door from the living area was not only unlocked but open. A small child could easily have wandered through the open door and fallen 15 stories! While these new rooms were somewhat better they also had a distinct unpleasant ordour as did the hallways and elevators throughout the hotel. Needles to say we refused to stay and checked out immediately. This property should close its doors until they have truly refurbished and demolition construction is complete. The amazing thing is that they are charging $189/night plus $20 for underground parking. So you might be asking the question:"What did you do?" it's simple. I called the Sutton Place and booked into a two bedroom suite for $262/night (parking included). Something I should have done in the first place. You may or may not be able to home again but you should defintely never go to the Town Inn.

• Stayed February 2012