10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$345
travelup.com$391
Travelocity$360
Trip.com$359
3,958 results
All reviews the executive lounge scenic elevator cn tower eaton centre central location self parking business trip heart of downtown entertainment district union station king bed floor path starbucks concierge valet conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2022 via mobile

Great location but poor Hilton Honors gold benefits

Stayed there for 4 nights for a wedding nearby
Used my Hilton Honors points as I am Hilton Honors Gold

The pros
- great location, very close to Union station and CN tower
- beautiful views over the city, I was upgraded to a nice deluxe room on the 28th floor with great views over the CN tower
- got a 2pm late checkout
- the executive 32nd floor is beautifully redone.
Abi was very friendly and professional - a great asset to Hilton.

The cons
- I was informed upon checkin that free continental breakfast was withdrawn and instead replaced by cad$18 daily food and beverage credit. What a huge devaluation of Hilton Honors gold benefits as continental breakfast costs more than that. The Hilton app still showed the benefit when I checked in. This is the first hotel outside the Us to trial this - I was told that all Canadian properties would switch to that mode. What a huge loss - I will not be using Hilton in Canada again
- breakfast staff was not trained at all on these changes on day 1 - upon arrival, I was given a sticker “Hilton Honors gold” and sat at a table. I was offered to look at the menu or go to the buffet. We decided to go to the buffet, assuming that the Hilton Honors sticker meant we could help ourselves to the buffet. 2 min later, our bill was left on our table, charging us over 29$ per person for the buffet breakfast. At which point I sought some explanation as I had tried to ask about the Hilton Honors arrangements first but couldn’t speak to anyone. The gentleman next to me told me that he had had the same discussion with the staff and hotel manager a day earlier and that management thought he was unreasonable. A couple next to us underwent the same farce and we all ended up queuing at reception waiting for the hotel manager. We met with Marina, front desk manager, who kindly sorted things out. She offered me free daily full breakfast coupons so that I could use my F&B credit on other things. This was nice but I still explained that it was grossly unfair not to warn customers about this change first.
- no housekeeping for 2 days when I had confirmed at checkin that I wanted daily housekeeping (this is something new - hotel is asking IF housekeeping is required!?)
- no bathtub, no bathing robes
- billing errors at checkin which took a bit of back and forth but were rectified in the end

Room tip: Higher floors have better views. Executive floor is lovely if you can get a free upgrade or if you want to pay for it
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andy Loges, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2022

Hi Jean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the view from your room and the executive lounge, as well as the service provided by our team member Abi.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unpleasant experience and confusion caused to you by the breakfast arrangement. We constantly review our services and hope that allowing guests to use the F&B credits in the meal period they prefer would provide more flexibility for guests to enjoy their stay with us. However, we fully appreciate the insight you offered and you were right to expect better communication from us – this is definitely not the standard we strive for.

Your feedback on housekeeping service and amenities is also duly noted and please rest assured that we will look into remedial actions. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future when our team will ensure that we meet and exceed your expectations. If there is anything our team can do to make it right, please reach us at info_toronto@hilton.com. Thanks again and have a great week ahead.

Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

Hotel was fine, nothing special, the check in experience was terrible.

Arrived early and the room wasn’t ready (completely fine given we where early) so dropped of our bags, the lady who put our room on q didn’t explain anything about the hotel, breakfast times, facilities etc.

Came back to see if the room was ready and the gentlemen who checked us in explained nothing about the hotel.

Noticed though-out our stay that everyone else was offered water at check in and was explained everything.

Other than that we could fault the hotel, poor check in standard and lack of character let the hotel down.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andy Loges, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2022

Hi David, I am sorry to hear about your check in experience, this is definitely not the standard of services we strive for. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us as it is only through such valuable comments that we are able to improve. If there is anything else our team can do to make it right, we can be reached at info_toronto@hilton.com. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future, thanks and have a great weekend ahead.

Reviewed 3 May 2022

Stayed here because it was a race hotel. There is a scenic elevator and the regular elevator. Unfortunately, the timing on elevators never quite seemed to sync with demand--there was often a really long line waiting to go up. We were on the 20th floor and had great views of the city. The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice. There is a fridge in the room. The trashcans are ridiculous and clearly not meant to accept trash. Ice only on every other floor and even then, had to search several floors to find working ice. Lighting was good. We were at the end of the hall so not too noisy. No concierge.

Date of stay: May 2022
Andy Loges, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your constructive feedback with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the great view from your room and I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on our amenities as it helps us identify areas of improvement in our service!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and the team will ensure we meet and exceed your expectations. Wish you a lovely rest of the week.

Reviewed 1 May 2022

Our go to place when staying in Toronto. A big shout out to George and Theresa at Azure for looking after us at dinner. Food was outstanding as was the service. Thank you so much for the hospitality. See you soon

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your exceptional review, it means so much to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2022

I would like to recognize the outstanding customer service I received from this hotel.
I had a few requests and questions the week prior to booking and arriving. when I called to inquire I spoke with a gentleman by the name of Dennis who was extremely kind, patient and helpful. He answered all my questions and was able to accomadate my request. He made me feel valued as a customer and Hilton Honors member. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping was friendly and attentive. I would also like to thank Marina the front desk manager for making my birthday a special one. Kudos Hilton Toronto Your customer service is what will bring me back.

Date of stay: April 2022

Thank you very much for the kind feedback and Happy belated Birthday! I am thrilled to hear that our team was able to go above and beyond to ensure your stay was memorable and special. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.