“Need more attention to the details”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #36 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I go to Toronto for business once in a while. Hiton Toronto is my preferred hotel and it is close to my office. However, my last week's stay was a let-down. My room was not well maintained: flickering table lamp, noisy shower, and the Internet was so slow that I couldn't do VOIP - I have to revert to Blackberry for my conference calls. Their front desk also routed my colleague's call, from his wife, to another room - and yes a woman picked up. We had a good laugh, but it would be a disaster. For the rate that they are charging, I expect more attention to the details.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lo1o
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and please do accept our most sincere apologies for such a disappointing experience!

This is certainly not the level of accommodation or service that you should expect from our team and your review will be shared with our Operations Departments in detail to ensure this type of experience is not repeated. I do hope that you had the opportunity to share these comments with us while you were in the hotel so that the specific room and team members invovled could be coached with specific examples of the short falls. We do consider feedback and "gift" and I always encourage our guests to share this information with us while in the hotel so that we may provide "real time" and specific response where appropriate.

I do hope that this islolated experience will not prevent you from choosing to stay with us in the future. If I can be of personal assistance with your future bookings, I would invite you to contact my office directly.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed for a night in Toronto. Great central location. Very nice, large room with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. We really enjoyed the pool, it is a unique large indoor/outdoor with a view of the CN Tower.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We completely agree that the "Hilton Serenity Collection" bed is one of the most comfortable in the industry! I guess we know where you will be staying from now on....!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Hilton Toronto is located in the Financial District in Toronto. The hotel is in a perfect location. There are tons of restaurants and bars around, the subway is close, and it's a quick walk to the waterfront.

The room was spacious and clean when I first arrived. However, after my first night the staff did a poor job tidying up my room and making up my bed. The concierge however was extremely helpful and the front desk was very accommodating.

I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor. The view of the city is fantastic!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that your overall experience met your expectations! We will be sure to review your comments with our Housekeeping Team as a reminder of the importance of "tidying" our occupied rooms on a daily basis!

We appreciate your business and hope that you will vist us again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Wonderful hotel with great customer service. They have the BEST breakfast buffet I have ever seen!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for staying with us! I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the very near future! Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day.....visit Tundra as often as you can!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed in a king alcove suite on the 29 th floor. Tried and in need of renovating. We stayed on a wagjag deal so I suspect we were given a basic room. Very nice hotel and the buffet breakfast was superb.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Indeed our 29th floor is slated for refurbishment within the next few months....in fact, we are currently designing an entirely new room that will be installed in Q4 of this year. We do have Junior Suites available on every floor throughout the hotel....a request to be in a "renovated area" is certainly possible (subject to availability) on any visit. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel to experience either our currently renovated areas, or perhaps our newly renovated floors later this year.