10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$397
Westin.com$382
Hotels.com$397
Travelocity$397
Priceline$397
Traveluro$518
5,420 results
All reviews lake view north tower lake ontario starbucks coffee self parking large hotel corner room king bed mizzen conference downtown lakeview valet concierge harbourfront canada rogers
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2022 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights since I was attending a convention.
I was very disappointed with this hotel. I always loved staying at Westin every where I went and was never disappointed.
First of all, the bed sheets were very stiff and rough, was not able to sleep on them. The duvet cover was filthy and looked like no one has changed it.
The house keeping is absolutely a joke. I have requested a house keeping serivce to my room, no one bothered to show up. And when I called to inquire why they referred me to speak to the manger who never answered the phone. So I had to stay in dirty room for three days.
I asked if I can get a wine glass to my room, they want to charge a 2 dollars plus tax to bring an empty wine glass to the room not to add on that there was no wine opener in the room either.
The bathroom had no bath robe or a slipper. The hair dryer was not functioning either.
I was so beyond disappointed for such poor serivce from this Westin. There was no point to even call and complain.
I will never return to this hotel ever again.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2022

Dear Gina M,

First and foremost, we want to thank you for your loyalty to our hotels. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are known for our attentive, seamless hospitality, and we regret this was not your experience. We are deeply sorry that our staff was not as responsive as they should have been in working to address your specific concerns. Our goal is always to follow up and resolve everything to your total satisfaction; therefore, we are disappointed this was not your experience. We sincerely apologize for any oversights when servicing your guestroom. We take our guest’s feedback seriously, and appropriate action will take place to ensure this is not repeated. We are grateful for your patience, and we appreciate the review as it gives us a chance to learn from our mistakes. We have reviewed your comments with our associates, and we hope you will provide us with another opportunity to regain your trust on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 8 May 2022

It breaks my heart to write this review. I have been a die-hard customer of the Westin for many years and my most recent visit may be the last for awhile. My wife and I often visit Toronto and she has been asking for the past 2 years to switch to another hotel, but I am a routine guy and don't like change. From my experiences, the check-ins are great and have always had friendly employees. The lobby is nice and one of favourites is the lounge / bar. That is my relaxation time during the evening. The food has always been good and the employees serving us are long-term and you get to know them over time. The good times stop once you get into your room. Our most recent visit had us in a room that had a bad stench of everything including cigarette smoke and basically the room just wreaked from the carpet on upward. Most rooms we have staying in the past few years are dated. Unfortunately, we had one of those adjoining rooms where the doors separate the 2. The tenants next door partied with music until 4:20 a.m. We barely slept the night. This was once an amazing hotel. It needs an update. On the bright side, the views from the rooms are amazing and I have always dealt with amazing staff. I love the Lobby and Lounge. Marriot needs to focus on getting the rooms updated because there are better options elsewhere downtown for the same price.

Room tip: Maybe ask for the North Tower??? Don't get an adjoining room.
Date of stay: November 2021
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2022

Dear Dan K,

Thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your experience with us. We want every guest to have a revitalizing stay and leave enriched and rejuvenated. We are always seeking ways to improve our guest experience; your comments have been noted for our plans for developing the property. We apologize for not meeting your expectations, and we appreciate your patronage. We are very sorry about the noise from other guests which inconvenienced you. Should this happen again in your future travels, please don't hesitate to contact our front desk for assistance. Our associates want to help each guest have the elevated and revitalizing stay they deserve. We regret the inconvenience you and your wife faced, and we are grateful for your patience. We will address the areas mentioned, and we hope you will accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. That said, we appreciate you having an overall pleasant stay, and we are thankful for your continued support over the years. Thank you for caring about improving our guest services, and we hope to be your hotel of choice the next time your travels bring you and your wife our way.

Reviewed 6 May 2022

This hotel would’ve been perfect if we hadn’t been in a room next to the elevators. They are SO loud. Made it hard to get a good night’s sleep. The pool was perfect. There are cute lounge areas for kids, including little tents with pillows. If we come back again I will definitely be asking for a different room location.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2022

Dear krystina00,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, and posting such a great review of our hotel and associates. It is a pleasure to know we exceeded your expectations and that you left with replenished spirits. That said, we apologize for the noise from the elevators, which inconvenienced you during your sleep. Should this happen again in your future travels, please don't hesitate to contact our front desk for assistance. Our associates want to help each guest have the elevated and revitalizing stay they deserve. We are grateful for your patience, and we appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us enhance our guest experience. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Toronto.

Harmeet Chugh,

Reviewed 4 May 2022

When we arrived at the hotel, there was a short wait to check in. Three staff were taking care of check-ins. Oliver greeted us warmly. He was efficient and let me know that due to Covid, they would not be doing room cleaning...although it wouldn't be needed since we were only staying one night. Oliver did note that if we needed anything at all to contact the front desk and they would take care of our needs.
Our room was clean and adequately spacious. The bathroom was clean and supplied with plenty of linens and soap, shampoo and conditioner. A small portable hairdryer was available as well.
Beds and pillows were very comfortable...my son and I slept well!
I had booked a city view room...since it was cheaper...and we wouldn't be in the room much. We were pleasantly surprised to have a partial view of the lake as well as the cityscape.
Breakfast in the hotel was good but pricey (to be expected in Toronto)
Check out was simple and quick.
No complaints with our stay.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 2 May 2022

This hotel used to be nice before Covid, but it has gone way downhill. Dilapidated and dirty now. No maid service unless you specifically request it - but they don't tell you that at check-in. Broom closet-sized rooms. The bathroom mirror comes up as high as your shoulder. Old carpeting. Elevator dates back to WWII. Garbage overflowing in the lobby trashcans. Nobody at the concierge desk. 30 people on line to check in. Simply a terrible experience and we couldn't wait to leave. Marriott should be embarrassed to have their name on this property.

Room tip: stay somewhere else
Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank monkeydragon11
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2022

Dear monkeydragon11,

Thank you for the detailed feedback about your time with us. We are always seeking ways to improve our guest experience; your comments have been noted for our plans in developing the property. Also, we are disappointed to hear about the service issues you experienced; these concerns have been escalated appropriately to prevent them from recurring in the future. We truly apologize for not meeting your expectations, and we appreciate your business. We hope to welcome you again in the future so we can restore your faith in us.