4,981 results
All reviews toula restaurant lake view toronto islands north tower lake ontario heavenly bed valet parking air canada centre starbucks coffee island airport harbour front union station hockey hall of fame self park lobby bar per night corner room
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived by taxi, one adult, two children with 5 suitcases. No help from doorman, no eye contact or greeting which I wasn’t impressed with. Check-in took ages. One long huge queue with three people at reception. Thankfully towards coming up to my time to be checked-in they had brought someone else out to help.

Check-in guy was great. Even though I had been in constant contact with reservations regarding the type of rooms I wanted and this being on file, it still took some time to sort out. The reception guy said he would at least try to get our rooms on the same floor!! I wasn’t impressed but and what felt like an eternity, managed to get the double room and single room together with adjoining rooms as advised was on file! I do understand that these requests cannot be guaranteed but when you’re paying over £3k for the privilege of flying to Toronto and choosing this hotel to stay 6 days in, you’d hope this request can be honoured.

Anyway, we were booked into the North tower, 16th floor, adjoining rooms, with a twin room and single room, with a view of Ontario lake. It was exactly what I had envisioned and was perfect for our needs!!

The hotel itself was very clean. The lobby had a really nice atmosphere, ambience and weirdly, smelt amazing. Really good air fragrance in the lobby!! Lifts were plenty and very quick.
There’s a little shop inside if needed and a Starbucks which strangely is only open in the morning??? However nice coffee machine in room with complimentary Starbucks filter coffee, tea and water available.

Both rooms had a fridge, coffee maker, the usual bathroom toiletries, hair dryer, lovely towels. In my daughters room she had one bathrobe behind the bathroom door, however I didn’t which was odd. A secured safe, iron and luggage stand, wardrobe with plenty of hangers, desk and chair, chair and foot stool to relax in, flatscreen TV and complimentary WiFi in both rooms but had to sign up to Starwoods hotels in order to receive it. Housekeeping daily. No sheets changed during our 6 day stay. Beds- amazingly comfortable, we slept really well, Too well as missing those beds now were home!!

If you come out of the hotel and turn right, 20min walk to a huge supermarket, we used this a lot- deli, Starbucks, bakery, groceries, sushi bar too.

Come out of the hotel, cross over onto Bay Street, which if you follow right they way down, 20-25min Walk, you come to the massive Eaton shopping centre. Also off Bay Street is the Air Canada Centre if watching hockey etc, and not far from there is the CN Tower, aquarium and the Rogers centres within 20-30min from the hotel.

Closest station- Union and in 10-15min walking distance from hotel.

Directly across the road is a Tom Hortons, great for breakfast and coffee.

Just behind hotel is Ontario Lake, where you can catch a boat or watch planes land/take off on the island there. Beautiful views!!!

So, our stay in Toronto was great. Couldn’t have asked for more at this hotel. Managed to keep one of the rooms for late check-out till 4pm which was 50$. Fab.
We didn’t eat at the hotel or used the spa/pool facilities either.

Hotel is huge and extremely busy. The hotel has its own conference centre attached and reached by using the bridge connected, with this in mind, the lobby was always full, especially if there was a conference as tended to use the lobby to get people signed in and receive their access passes!! Also people stayed there that were attending games played in the Air Canada Centre, a few hockey games and a concert were held there during our 6 day stay as its literally a 5min walk away, so really very busy. Taxi stand outside but we used Uber a lot.

Checking-out, again there was a long queue especially as all I needed to do was just give the room keys back. I think they need to work on this or maybe have some self checkin/out counters available.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and for our first time in Toronto would come back and stay here again. Just be prepared to do a bit of walking as nothing is really on its doorsteps. Uber came in very useful!!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for the Jays home opener. Had a great stay at the hotel which is fairly close to Rogers Centre.
Had both dinner and breakfast at the hotel and enjoyed both.
My daughter loved the indoor pool and hot tub and we found it relaxing as well.
Special mention to Gerry who checked us in. Very friendly and fantastic customer service.
Would stay again for sure.
Hopefully the Jays can win the next time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Overall this hotel is good value stay. This is my second time staying for the annual work conference.

Check in is fast and easy. Lots of people abatible at the reception and no wait times.

The room is nice and comfortable - I recommend the harbour view. Nothing to write home about but nothing was out of place either.

Staff is friendly and approachable. Gym is also decent - although I have never been in this hotels gym when all of treadmills were functional.

Lobby bar has fast service and is very spacious. My reco - go across the street to any number of bars. It’s way too expensive at the hotel.

The hotel is starting to show its age.
They are pumping a ton of scented air into the lobby so it smells good but some of the hallways you can notice a bit of a musty smell.

Value is there for a lakefront hotel right downtown. Similar hotels in the area are about 25% more per night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Vedran P,

We appreciate you being our guest and sharing your observations. We are happy your stay with us was enjoyable on many levels, but we are sorry you felt our hotel needs updating. We appreciate the feedback and we will share these notes with the appropriate individuals for future renovations. We would love to welcome you back soon!

Be Well,
Stuart Jolliffe

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We stayed in the south tower with a view over the lake and a glimpse of the CN Tower. The room was ok but the furniture was a little tired. It was clean and the bed comfortable but my wife was affected by what we thought might have been the detergent used on the bedding. We didn't have breakfast as it was $26 each which is a bit steep on a budget. We choose to eat out every day.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear NichFS,

We appreciate the detailed feedback about your stay with us. We're pleased you enjoyed our clean rooms and comfortable beds, but we were disappointed to see that some of our furniture was not to your liking. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments have been noted for our future plans in developing the property. We apologize for not meeting your expectations and we are grateful for your business. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Be Well,
Stuart Jolliffe

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I want to first start off by saying that is my fav hotel in Toronto. That being said, I've stayed many times over many months + years and the cleanliness has NOT BEEN ADDRESSED , at least in men change room. in the shower there are TONS of these small flies that look sort of like like fruit flies, for obvious reasons i didn't take pictures in the shower change room since that would look weird.

I think it is coming off the towels, but I don't know. Also the sauna wasn't working,which isn't usual.

I really love this hotel I just wish they would address this issue for good, it' s been going on for MONTHS! There shouldn't be bugs in the change room, they are primarily in the shower. I killed about 10+ on a towel.

I love the lobby btw, especially the color lights.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business