All reviews st lawrence market iron and board cleaned every day yogurt within walking distance union station clean bathroom cn tower toronto downtown recommend staying here ideal location nice stay three nights average hotel breakfast was included nice hotel up to date
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Toronto was amazingly sold out this week and even the Holiday inn express was expensive. I expected very little from this and was pleasantly surprised on nearly every level . Front desk folks are super fast and had us checked in with keys in the time it takes most desk clerks to login to their system . No matter what they were doing if I came over they stopped immediately to help me and spent the time to make sure I had directions or whatever I needed . Even asking me if it was ok to take a call and put it on hold . The room is seriously a very good room , they are all updated and modern with USB and plugs everywhere . They have thought of all the things that usually annoy me .(ie: A shelf in the shower, great bathroom lighting , easy to access iron and board) The AC was not kicking in and we had maintenance here in under 2 minutes and fixed it , they must have come back again later because it was working even better later in the day . The breakfast is a hot and cold one with eggs and bacon and sausage . It’s not amazing food but it’s free and does the job. Coffee and hot water is available in the lobby 24x7 . I have been in 5 star hotels that didn’t have this and to me it seems so basic . The elevators are terrible , but they know this and are in the midst of updating all of them as per a sign in the elevator . If the front desk area gets redone and the elevators get fixed , I think this is a great stay in Toronto in a solid location between King and Queen Streets and walkable to everywhere . (Weather permitting)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TARIQ A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad we were able to provide you with such a wonderful stay and hope to have you back.The management of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown hotel appreciates you choosing to stay with us and taking the time to leave a feedback on your trip.

We are working on our elevators and very soon all our elevators should be new and in working order, sorry it did cause you an inconvenience. We hope to have you staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the area !

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights during the Yankees/Blue Jays series. Hotel and room were clean. Breakfast was good. Hotel was walking distance from several bars/restaurants and Hockey Hall of Fame.
Our only issue was that elevator was very slow as one of the elevators was not working. In the morning it took quite a bit of time to go downstairs.

Trip type: Travelled with family
TARIQ A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you or your complimentary review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel services, as well as our unbeatable location. We would be honored to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I was really happy with the location of the hotel. It’s seemed every thing was within walking distance (if you’re okay walking a mile one way).
The mattress were brand new and very comfortable.
My only complaint was that the breakfast juices were VERY watered down.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
TARIQ A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor regarding the experiences during your recent stay. Your comments and scores are one of the best tools we have for maintaining the highest level of comfort and service that our guest expect and deserve. I'm extremely happy that you rated us very highly.

We have noted that you mentioned the juices at the breakfast were a bit watery, this has been bought to the notice of our F&B and we will make sure it does not happen again.

We hope to have you staying with us again when your travel brings you back to the area!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here: good location, the check in staff were very helpful and polite, room was lovely and spacious (the bathroom in particular was nice), and we enjoyed breakfast as there was a great range of options (hot food, cereals, pancakes, yoghurt, oatmeal, muffins etc). We would stay here again if we return to Toronto.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown hotel. We are pleased your enjoyed your stay with us, and found our services to be helpful and useful. I will be sure to share your comments with my guest services team.

These comments are very important because they help us pursue continuous improvement.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I would have had a great experience staying here, had it not been for the awful, unacceptable way in which housekeeping and management handled my situation.

I left a bag of jewelry on the bathroom counter of my room because I had to depart in haste. I called the hotel a day later to check that they had it, and just getting that question answered was a HUGE hastle. After being tossed among several different peoples' lines, I finally spoke to housekeeping, who said she would call me back. She never called me back, so when I called back, I had to explain my situation to them yet again. Again, I was told they would call me back but they never did. Finally, I called them myself and was told that they never found the jewelry. This is a plain lie, because I know for certain that the bag was left on my bathroom counter. I then spoke to the hotel manager, who told me that it is impossible that my things were stolen. Nobody seemed to care at all about my situation or even wanted to try and figure out where my jewelry went.

The fact that I left a bag of jewelry in my room and was told that it wasn't there a day later is simply absurd and unacceptable. Clearly, the Holiday Inn does not care about your personal belongings, as they treat things left behind as theirs to keep! I've left items at hotels numerous times in the past on accident, and I've always had them returned to me promptly and easily (without any issues getting into contact with the appropriate person that I had to deal with in this case).

Lesson learned: if you ever stay at a Holiday Inn, lock your belongings! Do not trust them with anything that you may leave behind. Forget something? It is gone for good!

I can say with great confidence that I will never do business with a Holiday Inn ever again, and I hope those who read this review plan on doing the same.

Room tip: Lock your belongings!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank katyragosta
TARIQ A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your stay. This situation is very unfortunate because the staff of our hotel handle very high standards of service and go through a long process of training in order to serve and respect each of our guests, so you cannot assure that our employees took the belongings as you mentioned. On the contrary they have reported items left behind. We send many items back on a weekly basis.

Upon receiving your complaint our Executive housekeeper did the investigation. It took us a few days to do the full investigation because the housekeeper who cleaned your room was off those days which was the reason why the executive housekeeper did not get back to you right away. The housekeeper who cleaned your room has been working in the hotel for more than 13 years. She is one of our best employees and a very honest person. In the past, the guests have forgotten their personal belonging such as wallets, jewelry (including gold and diamond rings) in the rooms which she were found and returned to the guests.

We would like to let you know, we take all comments very seriously as we know they help us to improve our services.

Tariq