“Excellent Hotel & Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown
Ranked #71 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Ron, the front desk clerk was absolutely fantastic. Knew everything about the area and was able to point out the best places to eat, with perfect directions on how to get there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dieter S
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown and the amazing things that you have said about our staff members. It always a thrill to hear that our staff have gone above and beyond to ensure that you, are guests, are treated right. Rest assured that I have passed along your comments to the staff you have mentioned.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Toronto.
Tariq Azad

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is a decent hotel with laundrette and parking. I stayed here last weekend and it was good value and clean. The hotel is looking a little dated but being a short 10 mi ute walk to the downtown area makes it fine.

Would probably recommend being 2-3 blocks further in if I was staying any longer than the weekend.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful employee, great breakfast buffet, very convenient location. Would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank daking2929
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the great comments that you have written about the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown and in particular our complimentary breakfast buffet.

We take great pride in the ability to be able to offer this complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet. The items that have been added have truly made this a ‘full’ breakfast.

I will be sure to post your comments so that our staff are able to see them as well. Customer service is important to us and we are thrilled when someone takes the time out of their busy day to write it down.

We understand that there are many choices in Toronto when looking for accommodations and I want to personally thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown.

We look forward to being able to host your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

My flight was cancelled so I called the hotel and even though it was after cancellation the front desk clerk was so nice and changed my reservation with no hassle. I arrived at 10am the next day and they Checked me in early with no fee. All the desk staff I encountered are super friendly!! I noted some other reviewers remarking about safety however being a single female I thought the neighborhood was very safe. Rooms are clean and comfortable! I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank jzombro

Dear Valued Guest,
We understand that times are busy and we would like to thank you for taking the time to write fantastic review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. I will pass along your comments to our front desk staff ,as well as our housekeeping staff, they work very hard at what they do and it is always a pleasure to hear that they have met or exceeded our guest’s expectations. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel and we look forward to being able to host your next visit to Toronto.
Have a great day,

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I travel to Toronto for business very often, at least once a month. I often stay at the Delta Chelsea and this is my first time staying here instead. So a lot of my review will compare this hotel to the Delta Chelsea which is a very popular downtown Toronto hotel for both business and pleasure.

First, the price at the Holiday Inn Express is much more reasonable - almost $ 30/night cheaper plus the parking is slightly cheaper. Second, you get a free breakfast at this hotel - at the Delta Chelsea, you can barely get a breakfast for less than $ 15.

The breakfast here at the Holiday Inn Express is quite nice really - it goes beyond most hotel continental breakfasts. There is a wide selection, the breakfast room is spacious and clean.

As far as location goes, I don't think that the walk from here to the Eaton Centre, for example, is much longer than it would be from the Delta. If you walk south or west of the Holiday Inn, you'll have all kinds of selections of restaurants along Yonge, Front St., King St., etc. You wouldn't really want to walk north of the hotel - this is a little bit rougher part of town.

(Now for those of you not familiar with Toronto, "rough" does not mean "dangerous".....you might be asked for money from a homeless person, but you're not going to be mugged or hurt!).

The room is a little small, not cramped though. There isn't a decent closet, more of an armoire but the bathroom is nice, the hotel is clean.

There is no fitness facility at the hotel and that is a downfall compared to the Delta or some other downtown hotels. So I'm making up for that by walking everywhere.

Overall, this is a pretty good hotel especially when you consider the cost compared to other downtown hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank mortyatport

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you travel to Toronto again soon. I will look forward to your next stay with us.