“Conveniently-located and budget-friendly!”

Ranked #70 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Aberdeen, Maryland, United States
“Conveniently-located and budget-friendly!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

While my husband was in Toronto on a 10-day business trip, I fly in to spend the weekend with him and explore the city. We were put up at the Holiday Inn Express on Lombard Street in downtown Toronto, and while I didn't have high expectations for the HIE, I was pleasantly surprised.

The location is absolutely ideal. We were within easy walking distance of countless shops, restaurants, and bars, and thanks to the $20/day parking (a steal in a major city), we had easy access to our rental car to reach more out-of-the-way locations.

The room is basic and clean. The bed is more comfortable than I anticipated, and the view was great from our 12th floor room. It would be nice if the windows had light-blocking curtains rather than double sheers, but that's simply being nitpicky. It certainly didn't ruin our trip! The free wi-fi is a great hotel perk, though it can be quite slow, noted particularly when trying to video chat with family back home.

The bathroom is spacious and clean, the tub larger than a standard, the towels softer than many other hotels I've stayed in.

The free breakfast is great, especially if you're looking to cut corners and save. There's absolutely no need to pay for breakfast elsewhere when the HIE serves eggs, breakfast meat, pancakes, muffins, bagels, toast, fruit, cereal, juices, teas, coffees, milk, and more. We had a hearty breakfast and didn't even need lunch - we just had an early dinner around 4:30 and were quite content.

There's some hallway noise and street noise, but nothing that was enough to keep us awake or be terribly disturbing.

Our stay was wonderful, and my husband was happy to have a cozy little place to call home during his business trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Danielle N
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for selecting Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown for your most recent trip to Toronto. We take great pride in our downtown location and I'm pleased to see you found it convenient. We’re glad you also liked the room as well as our breakfast. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay to Toronto!

Tariq Azad
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I booked three rooms at htis hotel. It was my daughter's 18th birthday so I took her and osme of her friends for a night in Toronto and the whole experience was great
Check in -. We got there at 1:45 and all three rooms were ready. We requested rooms on the same floor, a high floor with a view of the city. All of our requests were accomodated I can honestly say that is the first time that has ever happened. I travel quite a bit and thtere is always some reason why rooms can't be together or whatever our request happens to be, but not so at this hotel
Parking - 20.00, parking is underground right on site - a great deal in downtown Toronto.
Rooms - nothing fancy, but they were clean and the beds were very comfortable. We had rooms ont he 14th floor and we could see Lake Ontario, the CN tower and lots of lights at night - very nice.
Breakfast - for a free breakfast it was great, again probably one of the best I've had and included bacon, eggs, pancakes, baked goods, toast, bagels, a couple of fruit selections, cereal, juice etc.
CHeck out - very smooth, no wait. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a high view of the city
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mboyle
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Hoel. I am pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your time in Toronto and that our staffs were able to accommodate your needs. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your party all on the same floor as it is not always possible due to occupancy levels but we do try our best. Our location is great and close to much of what Toronto has to offer and close enough to the transit system to be able to get you anywhere without the stress of city driving. Complimentary Internet, Breakfast and Newspapers is one of the ways to say thank you for choosing us. Thank you once again and we hope to be able to host your next visit to our fair city.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Holiday Inn Express on Lombard Street, Toronto is filled with a friendly staff. My friend & I stayed for one night on one of the highest floors. Our view was part of the beautiful cityscape and sky. Our room had plenty of space for two women, our luggage and didn't feel cramped. The room was smoke-free and looked clean. My bed was quite comfortable and I slept through the night and heard no street noise which is remarkable considering the traffic outside. I would've loved a vending machine in the building. Breakfast was free and included pancakes, eggs, yogurt, muffins, bread & toast with toppings, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee, tea and assorted breakfast meats like sausage. I had a banana, cereal and toast with juice and everything was delish and the usual delux cont. breakfast. The breakfast room got crowded in the morning, so I'd get there as early as possible. The staff was perfectly friendly, especially the gentleman who checked me in, and I wish I could recall his name(Ravish?). He was lovely and went out of his way to give us directions on a map, which I know the employees are required to do, but he was so sincere and nice about it that it stood out. The parking is below the hotel in an underground garage and felt very safe. The spots can be tight, but there appeared to be ample parking for hotel guests as well as non-hotel guests, and the cost was reasonable at around $20 per night. I would stay here again if I was in the area, and have no complaints. This particular HIE was a few bucks more than the other HIE I recently stayed in, also in TO, and I would've loved if the price had been closer, and if it was cheaper I'd rate it "very good".

Room Tip: If you don't like elevators request a low room. I get vertigo easily and felt sick after riding...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown and the amazing things that you have said about our staff members. It always a thrill to hear that our staff have gone above and beyond to ensure that all our guests are treated right. Rest assured that I have passed along your comments to the staff you have mentioned.

Amazing customer service is what all of our staff strive to give to each and everyone of our guests and we hear so many great comments about the things that they have done, but we never get tired of hearing more.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your stay with us and we look forward to seeing again when you get the chance to visit our fair city.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hotel front desk was professional and remembered my request for no feather pillows in the room. The room was clean and housekeeping was helpful. The beds are very comfortable!
The breakfast buffet in the morning was just what we needed before heading out again.
The hotel is right downtown! Great location!
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank smurfanda
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Hotel and would like to thank you for leaving a glowing review. It is a proud moment for us when a guest writes a great review and even better when they can end the review with a comment like “Will definitely stay again”. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our housekeeping department as they work very hard to ensure that we have clean and comfortable accommodations for our guests. We hope to have you back soon.
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My son and I stayed here on a hockey themed trip. The staff were very nice the place was clean and inexpensive for Toronto. The AC Heat unit had to be manually regulated. Internet connection was excellent.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Draniac
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
The Holiday Inn Express hotel appreciates you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know that our location suited you and that you were well attended by our staff. We pride ourselves on our associates ability to offer individual attention to each of our guests and make their stay an experience to remember.
We hope that on your next trip to Toronto we will once again have the pleasure of having you stay with us.