“Loved our stay”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The room was nice and spacious--our double beds were plush. I really like a suite with a separate bedroom and I really liked the bathroom layout--when you're with a platonic friend (or heck, even a lover!), it's nice to have the vanity stuff separate from the shower and toilet. I ran into our housekeeper in the hall and she was a sweetheart--Margarita-- (she left a thank you note for the tip--tip these hard working people!) The front desk staff was nice--one of the young women took some time to write out several directions for me, which was nice--how to get to several places we were going and marked the map (wish I could remember her name)--very helpful for those of us who aren't local and are challenged with directions. We got a special rate for staying three nights (and it being April, I'm sure)-- very reasonable for a downtown hotel. Very close to Yonge and we could walk to the Harbor. We came to see War Horse (WOW) and did many other things, as Toronto has it going on. I used the gym, which was small but nice and had a nice view--I don't do hot tubs but it looked nice. And there was a sauna up there too (no pool). Breakfast was included in our rate--the buffet had everything I could've needed--loved the waffles and smoothies. And the girl we spoke to who was originally from Australia was a doll. The only problem was that our mini-fridge had a funky smell to it, but I've encountered this before in hotels--they need to air them out and clean them, and I guess they just don't. The Thai restaurant the front desk staff recommended was really good (and on same street). We had a good stay and a lovely weekend. I'll be back next year!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 19th floor--higher up means a cooler view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaurieJ2
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear LaurieJ2,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I know Margarita appreciated your kind recognition. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the odour in your mini fridge; we will be sure to add an extra check of them to our special projects list this week. I am glad to hear that you will be staying with us again next year. Please don't hesitate to let me know if our team can assist with your travel planning.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Cambridge Suites Toronto

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Lovely hotel, friendly staff, lovely rooms, great location, would defiantly stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear travel123003,

Thank your for the lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel was a welcoming beacon after a hard day's work. I asked for a city view, so I had two rooms: a sitting room with a dining table (good size, with four chairs), couch, comfy chair, sink with counter, microwave and fridge. The bed was in its own room, with sliding doors, which makes for a very quiet sleep. The bathroom was weird: the sink and counter area were super big, since the closet was also in the bathroom. But the tub area was small and kind of claustrophobic. Soft towels, good mirrors for makeup, good lights, clean and soft linens on the bed. Nice view of the church tower and downtown streets. The best thing was that I was welcomed with a complimentary bottle of champagne! It was my birthday, and they must have noted it on my license at check in ... they had me then! The housekeeping staff is conscientious, front desk was very nice. The restaurant, although pricey, is well-staffed and good. One excellent meal, one OK.

They gave me the newspaper I wanted, which funny as it sounds, isn't always the case. Oh, all this was only $170/night (they were having a deal). Free breakfast was included.

Why would anyone (esp a family) stay elsewhere? Lots of space, great kitchen and relaxing areas - two flat screen TVs. Good workout room on the top floor with a view of the city AND a big jacuzzi. Consistent restaurant and free breakfast!

Thumbs up Cambridge Suites!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view, higher floor, away from elevator. I also lucked out with a corner room, giving...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank eddieharris

Dear eddieharris,

Thanks for stayign with us - and Happy Birthday! I am glad we helped you unwind after a hard day's work and am very appreciative of your kind review. If I can ever be of service to you on a future visit from Chicago, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely, Tim
Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

My spouse and I had never been to Niagara Falls--so we went. Stayed on the Canadian side and went to Niagara By The Lake. All of it was really eye opening experience--best part was the "side trip" for two days in Toronto. What a gem! We stayed at the Cambridge Suites. Very centrally located right off Yonge Street; within walking distance of great pubs and restaurants. St lawerence market is awesome. Breakfast at the Grill half a block away--a Toronto landmark. CS's were clean and the young staff were very helpful. We were a bit taken aback by the number of homeless on the streets--but it was less than San Francisco. Drove up from NE PA we were there in 5 1/2 hrs. Hard to believe that you can be in a city that is so Cosmopolitan clean safe and friendly. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Rich328

Dear Wald010,

Thanks for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our great city as part of your Niagara Falls excursion. Maybe next time Niagara can be the side trip and we can be the main event! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever help with your palns.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I frequent this hotel quite regularly. It's location sits at the heart of the city with easy accessibilty in and out. From the front desk service to the spacious suites, my expectations for this hotel are always surpassed. Each suite features a large entertaining room fully outfitted with a mini-fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, comfy pull-out couch, arm chair and a desk featuring free internet access. The beds are always immaculately made. Every request or inquiry made was always met with pleasantness and immediate attention. For a great experience, I would highly recommend the Cambridge Suites to any traveller.

Room Tip: Consider requesting a room by the elevator if you need to make an early appointment.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hazel A
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear HazelA796,

Thank you for considering us your home away from home. We are thrilled to be your place in the city and appreciate your continued loyalty. I hope we have the chance to meet the next time you are here; please let me know when you are returning.

Sicerely, Tim