“GREAT”

Ranked #83 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Huntsville, Canada
“GREAT”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

stayed here over night before going on are vacation last year just one night all it took to like this hotel liked it so much going to book it before my vacation this year
its really great if you flight is going out early in the morning or flight coming in late at night

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank riki82
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed here on the weekend with a friend. Check in was great; well organized and friendly staff. Hotel was clean and bright. Rooms were a great size, decorated nicely and had comfy beds & pillows. Attached to the hotel is a Perkins which is ideal for breakfast or family style food. Overall, I enjoyed my stay. No complaints. Great location with many restaurants, ie-suishi, moxies, milestones nearby if Perkins isn't what you are looking for. We ate at Perkins and staff were extremely friendly and food was good. I think many people will stay here who are flying out on vacation. I saw the Shuttle coming and going taking people to the airport. I didn't get a chance to use the pool but the hotel does have one. I've stayed at Holiday Inn's in the past and am impressed with the new modern look they are creating!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wino77
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Wino77,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. The complete rebranding of Holiday Inn’s around the world, has positioned our hotel as a premium mid-scale hotel destination which we are very proud to be apart.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Steve Yates
TORONTO
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I am a VERY frequent guest at this property, having spent approximately 50 nights there in the past year. With the recent renovation, this property has become one of the best on the Airport Strip in TORONTO. Flat screen TVS in every room, new carpeting, SOFT and FIRM pillows in every room and GREAT mattresses.

The best thing about this property, though, is the staff, ESPECIALLY "Julie" at the Front Desk. I have thrown every possible complication a guest could throw at her and she has dealt with every one promptly, professionally and politely. Early check-ins, late check outs, housekeeping issues, special requests for adjoining rooms, etc, etc, etc have ALL been handled by Julie .... with three calls on hold at the same time!!

Here's just ONE example of how this property goes "the extra mile" to satisfy its guests. I had prepaid my accommodation with a 3rd party vendor that is VERY strict .... no changes, no cancellations, etc. I had inadvertently booked it for the wrong date so I contacted the original vendor and got absolutely nowhere. I contacted the hotel and they promptly responded, "NO PROBLEM, TELL US WHAT DATE YOU WANT TO COME IN". This "above and beyond" level of service is commonplace at this property.

One SMALL "pet peeve" about this property ... it's gotta a really confusing layout. I continually find myself wandering around looking for a room number. I have this fear I'm gonna wander the hallways ALL NIGHT looking for my room ..... then turn around and CHECK OUT!!! Perhaps guests could be given a map with their room cirlcled to help find their way through the "maze" !!

The on-site PERKINs RESTAURANT is a great place to eat. Just remodelled, too, it has GREAT breakfasts and the best muffins in the neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Ask for one that's easy to find !!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GIVEITTOMIKEY
Dear GIVEITTOMIKEY,

What a fantastic review!!! Your experience speaks directly to what builds guest loyalty and return business – a desire to provide memorable experiences and a willingness to accommodate every need – irrelevant of how big or small. Thank you for your constructive feedback about getting around the property. With the recent renovation, all of our signage has changed and we certainly can do better to ensure clarity of where the guest rooms and the numerous amenities and services are.

Thank you for being a loyal, long-term guest of the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East. We appreciate your business.

Steve
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

WOW..WOW...WOW.....Its amazing what can be done with renovations. I stayed here a couple of years ago prior to the recent renovations and I'm shocked at the transformation of this property. Beautiful lobby, friendly staff, and bright cheery atmosphere is what to expect. We stayed here prior to flying out on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Shuttle was on time, easy to use and completely a flawless process. It was nice for us to stay the night before flying out and being able to park at the hotel for the week. Staff throughout this property were always smiling, and welcoming. We had breakfast at Perkins which was perfect. Not one complaint. It was a refreshing send off to our much needed vacation. I'm thoroughly impressed with the holiday inn's new image!! They have brought class to an affordable stay. Rooms are a great size, and redecorated very modernly. Equipped with flat screen tv's and very comfy beds. I had to ask for extra towels which were delivered promptly. The only thing I would recommend is for the hotel to provide bathrobes. Our room didn't have any. I will defnately recommend this to friends and stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brix12
Aylmer, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We've stayed here a couple of times when flying out of Toronto. They offer a good deal to leave your car there, take the shuttle to the airport and back, as well as have a hotel room. We needed the hotel at the end of the trip this time. We stayed there Feb 7/8 2012.

The room had two queen beds and 4 pillows per bed, all was very comfy after a rock-like bed in Mexico! Nice bathroom, they give you shampoo etc. Big screen tv, nice arm chair and ottoman, desk, office chair, data port for your computer. Fairly quiet considering it's almost at the airport.

Didnt eat there or use any facilities, it was for a good sleep only, and we got that. Will go there again next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear funkynassau1,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East.

I agree with you, our hotel is a perfect location to stay prior to flying out from Toronto Pearson International Airport. With our recent renovation, we have added new pillow top mattresses in all of our modernly appointed guest rooms. I’m glad your stay was such an enjoyable one! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Steve Yates