“Room with a view...”

Ranked #27 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Buffalo, NY
“Room with a view...”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

After getting a few tickets to the Raptors game we chose this hotel because it wasn't much of a walk to the Air Canada Center. Parking ($25/day for valet) is a bit steep but comparable for downtown hotels. When we asked if we could get a couple rooms next to each other we were asked if we wanted stadium view rooms.The hotel is pretty large and is was a bit of a trek to get to the room but we were pleasantly surprised. Although there was not anything going on in the stadium that night we still had cool views of the baseball field and the stadium overall. The room was very spacious and clean. The rooms with the stadium views are probably a bit larger to accommodate game day parties. The restaurant/bar also has views of the stadium that would probably be pretty neat to watch a game from also. Overall we had a cool experience staying here. I don't know if I would bring my family here to stay (price) but it is a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Stadium view offers just that.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bmikel13
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We decided to stay here due to our trip plans. We took our daughter to see Sesame Street Live and chose the hotel based on it being attached to the Rogers Centre. Even before we arrived the price was fantastic. We recieved an email letting us know what we could request in advanced. Upon arrival everything was ready for us. The staff were excellent. Very friendly and helpful. We didn't even have to unpack the car. Check in was simple. Our room was stunning. The bathroom alone was the size of a small room. 2 large tvs, a comfy king size bed, living area, etc. Our chocolate covered strawberries were waiting for us. The food available was terrific. Room service was very quick and you can even pre-sort your breakfast to be delivered at whatever time you like. We couldn't have been happier with the service here. We will definetely be back.

Room Tip: Request a hight floor to cut out the noise from the street.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

A bi-level suite at the Renaissance provided a unique and wonderful venue for a very special birthday party where we had the opportunity to enjoy a great baseball game (and the Jays won!). The group is even talking about doing this on an annual basis. The room was incredible and the hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful. I can also attest to the high quality of the room service breakfast. All in all, an experience I would love to repeat!

Room Tip: If you are planning to see a baseball game from a room, just be aware that you could be quite far aw...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cassarra
Ohio
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I recently stayed here for a baseball game at SkyDome.  It's hard to believe the dome is over 20 years old as it seems like just yesterday Alan Thicke and Andrea Martin were lighting up the stage in  "The Opening of SkyDome: A Celebration."  For a 20 year old hotel, they've done a great job at keeping it up.

As a Marriott Elite member I was hoping to score an upgrade to a room that faced the ballpark.  I called a few times prior to arrival, and at check in was denied the upgrade. My guess is that they don't upgrade to those rooms whenever there's an event.  They did give me club level and club lounge, which is effectively worthless on the weekends as the lounge is closed.

Parking was a breeze as they share the Rogers Centre parking garage, and have a specific parking zone for hotel guests.  Finding the garage entrance can be tough as it's at the opposite end of the Dome from the hotel.

My room was very spacious, and clean.  The bed and bedding were very clean.  I liked their ribbed towels, but the bathroom sink lacked a counter.  The sink was too small to set up toiletries, but they did have a little table that helped some.

The hotel had a great choice of HD television channels on a nice big HDTV.  I was pleased with the television offerings and the Internet speeds.

Service at the front desk was very pleasant only service issues I ran into we're repeatedly bad waiters at the restaurant for breakfast.  Otherwise the stay was flawless, and I would return.

If you're a very light sleeper this may not be the hotel for you as there is literally nonstop rail traffic behind the hotel as Canada's busiest rail line is directly to the north.  I heard trains at all hours, but I can sleep right through them.

Room Tip: Beware of the train yard on the north side
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I just returned from one of the memorable hotels stays we have had in a long time. I booked the trip to attend a Trade Show at the Metro Convention Centre. For the first time, my husband decided to join me. When we checked in, to our surprise, we were told that we were upgraded to a suite! When we saw the suite, we were blown away by it's space and luxury. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and we were even given a late check out which made it much more convenient for me to attend to a bit of unfinished business before we had to catch our train to Ottawa.

Bye the way, my husband also stayed at this location with his friends in a field view room to watch the Blues Jays game and they thoroughly enjoyed their stay too. In fact it was their second trip!

We look forward to more enjoyable trips to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business