13 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$410
Priceline$409
Trip.com$740
1,169 results
All reviews library bar union station gold floor cn tower beautiful hotel luxury room valet parking in room dining valet service checking out hockey hall of fame reign clockwork lobby luggage canada scotiabank
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2022

My wife and I booked into the Royal York Hotel for the first time despite living in the Toronto area for over 50 years. However this was the special occasion of a family wedding so we decided to spend the weekend there and shake off some of the Covid dust !
We booked a few weeks in advance and got a very reasonable rate for the room, which turned out to be extremely large and well furnished. It was certainly value for money !
The wedding , reception and dinner were first class. Many people I talked to were very complimentary of the meal and atmosphere of the reception.
We found the staff to be very responsive and helpful and made sure that you felt welcome whether it was at reception, the bars or restaurants. Even the room cleaning staff had a friendly greeting whenever they saw you.
Overall a very pleasant stay and I certainly would recommend this large, historic hotel in the center of Toronto

Date of stay: July 2022
Ian Taylor, Other at Fairmont Royal York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2022

Dear JBH44,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from your stay here at The Royal York, we are thrilled to have had you enjoy the beautiful hotel and convenient downtown location.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2022

Pros:
-Superb location across the road from Union Station, and a short walk away from all the major attractions
-Very friendly, helpful, and professional staff
-Rich history and the decor reflects that heritage, despite recently receiving an excellent renovation
-Room was spacious and comfortable
-Bathrooms was clean and well-stocked
-Breakfast buffet and restaurants were delicious!
-Great access to underground PATH system of walkways
-Spa, sauna, steam room, and fitness centre are stellar

Cons:
-Quite pricey, other nearby hotels have better value for money
-Pool is far too small for size of hotel, constantly full of people
-Some parts of the room and hotel design were dated
-Maintenance could be improved

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Starlexx
Reviewed 9 August 2022

I checked in late with a lady (I cannot recall her name, I think it is Leyle?). It was a very smooth and easy check in process. I asked if I could check out at 12:45 pm instead of 12 noon the next day, as I had a meeting from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. The lady was very kind and said she has put my check out time till 2 pm. That give me time to wind down after the work meeting, and just chill and grab a quick lunch before heading home.

I was in room 6133. The room was very clean, and it smelt good when I walked in. The tranquil and calm ambience soothed me immediately. While it is pricey, the hotel is very good for a quick, quiet overnight stay.

I utitized the pool and the hot tub during my stay. Because it was quite crowded (about 8 of us were in the pool and tub area), I didn't stay for too long. The pool looks great and is good for length swimming. The hot tub was good, the jet worked well.

The purpose of my stay was to give myself some me time, away from family, and the elegant and peaceful ambience at Royal York really gave me a good start to the busy week ahead.

Date of stay: August 2022

Dear Denise T,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We are happy to be your hotel in the city and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2022 via mobile

We really liked this hotel. The room was lovely and huge. It was clean and housekeeping was excellent. The breakfast buffet was one of the best we’ve had. The service was attentive and professional. The area was accessible to tourists. However there was a real lack of local convenience stores and so buying simple things like snacks and water was difficult.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Cookieka,

Very happy to read how much your enjoyed your time here at The Royal York, thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2022

We spent 5 nights here at the beginning of our honeymoon - we wanted to see Toronto in style, and we were not disappointed! The hotel itself is stunning inside and out - a true five-star experience that feels timeless. Our room was spacious and very comfortable with excellent views of downtown, and of course the service was excellent throughout; we also benefitted from a number of great restaurant and activity recommendations from the concierge team, which were much appreciated.

The hotel is perfectly located to explore the heart of Toronto on foot, and we have to make special mention of Reign, the in-house restaurant - we were very pleasantly surprised at just how good our meal was when we chose to dine there one night. Don't stay at the Fairmont without checking it out!

We enjoyed the perfect start to our honeymoon courtesy of the team at the Royal York, and we plan to return as soon as we can. Some five-star hotels promise much but fail to deliver; but the Royal York is the real deal. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Date of stay: July 2022

Dear David M,

Thank you for staying with us and for celebrating this special moment of life celebration with us and allowing us to be part of your memories.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in the future.