18 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$383
Hotels.com$383
travelup.com$384
Traveluro$418
Trip.com$680
Agoda.com$370
1,135 results
All reviews library bar union station gold floor cn tower beautiful hotel luxury room valet parking in room dining checking out hockey hall of fame reign clockwork lobby luggage scotiabank canada concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2022

My wife and I loved the Fairmont Royal York. It was beyond opulent with a great room and bathroom layout. The bell service staff was remarkably helpful and made sure that an ice pack I use to transport sensitive medical supplies was frozen prior to our departure. Mohamed was extremely helpful with delivering our bags to our room. He also willingly transported our bags across the street to Union Station in the pouring rain at the end of our stay. We thoroughly appreciated his help and enjoyed our stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank noahk570
Ian Taylor, Other at Fairmont Royal York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2022

Dear noahk570,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. Additionally, thank you for recognizing Mohamed and I look forward to sharing this review with the team.

Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

Good until Friday night there was a Conference and the Music with a band was so loud no sleep at all would caution staying there during Conference times or they need to do more about the Music from Conferences

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 360avj2016
Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

Great Location and ambiance but could be better. No info in the room about hotel amenities. QR code for restaurants menu. Very expensive. Breakfast $36 each. Bottle of water was $10. Have to sign up for loyalty program to get free wifi. Nice pool, hot tub and gym.
For such a high end hotel, a free continental
breakfast should be included.
Motels provide free bottles of water and continental breakfast can’t see why these high end hotel can’t. Would not stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshine204cdn
Ian Taylor, Other at Fairmont Royal York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

Dear Sunshine204cdn,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing about your enjoyment of our facilities and the location of the hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding opportunities for us, that we will be able to review internally.

Reviewed 13 May 2022

Was in Toronto for a Leaf playoff game and chose the Royal York for it's location and the overall grandeur of this hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed the room and our stay. Up graded to a larger double room and was impressed with the size and decor. There was also a fridge and microwave in the room, so didn't have to ask for one. There is also ice on every floor. We enjoyed a drink at the Clockwork bar. The bartender was very friendly. Only negative might have been the very small bathroom.

Room tip: Upgrade to a larger room if you have the opportunity, It is worth it.
1  Thank beleafer27

Dear beleafer27,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

I am glad that you able to enjoy the location and facility during your time with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2022

I am still waiting on a $1362 OVERAGE to be resolved on my credit card. So many charges in error! I had previously paid for the room fee for two nights prior to arrival. Came home to find that in total my stay had cost over $2300! For 2 nights?! Accounting wouldn't return my voicemails and I had to call the front desk repeatedly, often being transferred straight through to accounting voicemail before I could explain that I wanted to speak to a manager. As of yet, no one can explain why I was charged these amounts except to say it was "human error". Sounds like fraud to me! We saw a giant cockroach crawling across the entrance to the pool deck during our stay. We were charged $1 per plate to borrow plates for my daughter's birthday cake that we had brought?! Wifi is NOT free. We arrived at Reign bar only to have police and paramedics arrive at the table next to us escorting out an individual who was refusing to pay, and the server was unprofessional in how this was explained to our party. This was not AT ALL a luxury hotel experience. Felt like I was being taken for a ride. What happened to you, Fairmont?

Date of stay: May 2022
Ian Taylor, Other at Fairmont Royal York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Dear 315kyrae,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry for this and the work that you have had to do after your time with us. I understand that this has been rectified related to the charges. My sincerest apologies for this. I have received your comments as well via our post stay survey process and will be responding further.