Lowest prices for your stay
$672
$410
Fairmont
$392
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$410
Priceline$409
Trip.com$740
1,169 results
All reviews library bar union station gold floor cn tower beautiful hotel luxury room valet parking in room dining valet service checking out hockey hall of fame reign clockwork lobby luggage canada scotiabank
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2022

Was in Toronto for a Leaf playoff game and chose the Royal York for it's location and the overall grandeur of this hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed the room and our stay. Up graded to a larger double room and was impressed with the size and decor. There was also a fridge and microwave in the room, so didn't have to ask for one. There is also ice on every floor. We enjoyed a drink at the Clockwork bar. The bartender was very friendly. Only negative might have been the very small bathroom.

Room tip: Upgrade to a larger room if you have the opportunity, It is worth it.
1  Thank beleafer27
Ian Taylor, Other at Fairmont Royal York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

Dear beleafer27,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

I am glad that you able to enjoy the location and facility during your time with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2022

I am still waiting on a $1362 OVERAGE to be resolved on my credit card. So many charges in error! I had previously paid for the room fee for two nights prior to arrival. Came home to find that in total my stay had cost over $2300! For 2 nights?! Accounting wouldn't return my voicemails and I had to call the front desk repeatedly, often being transferred straight through to accounting voicemail before I could explain that I wanted to speak to a manager. As of yet, no one can explain why I was charged these amounts except to say it was "human error". Sounds like fraud to me! We saw a giant cockroach crawling across the entrance to the pool deck during our stay. We were charged $1 per plate to borrow plates for my daughter's birthday cake that we had brought?! Wifi is NOT free. We arrived at Reign bar only to have police and paramedics arrive at the table next to us escorting out an individual who was refusing to pay, and the server was unprofessional in how this was explained to our party. This was not AT ALL a luxury hotel experience. Felt like I was being taken for a ride. What happened to you, Fairmont?

Date of stay: May 2022
Ian Taylor, Other at Fairmont Royal York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2022

Dear 315kyrae,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry for this and the work that you have had to do after your time with us. I understand that this has been rectified related to the charges. My sincerest apologies for this. I have received your comments as well via our post stay survey process and will be responding further.

Reviewed 13 May 2022

I would come back to this hotel which is in an excellent location with friendly and very helpful staff. Special thanks to KARMA and Daniel for helping us with keeping and transporting our bags before we left to catch our flights. Your kindness is much appreciated and the reason we had such a great visit. Thank you!!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear elizabethbarrade,

Thank you for taking the time so share about your experience and thank you for staying with us. I look forward to sharing this wonderful not with Karma and Daniel.

Reviewed 10 May 2022

the stay was comfortable, the service was excellent and the bars enjoyable. the location is so central to everything you need downtown. Taxis are available abundantly and walking to stations is convenient.

Room tip: ask for a CN tower view
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 503ramziy
Ian Taylor, Other at Fairmont Royal York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear 503ramziy,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. The central location and access to so much downtown Toronto has to offer is certainly a great feature enjoyed here at The Royal York.

As travels lead you back to Toronto, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 May 2022

My room was described as "luxury", but was very ordinary. There was no safe in the room, necessitating my taking my laptop with me everywhere. The shower's water pressure was very low, and no fan in the bathroom. The walls are paper thin, and I was awakened by my neighbour's children "talking" (not shouting), sometimes I could even make out what they were saying.
The front desk staff were friendly, but not enough of them and long wait times.
I just expected more from a Fairmont.

• Trip type: Travelled on business