“OH WOW!”
Review of The Keg

The Keg
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I hadn't been to Canada for 17 years but always remembered the Keg chain for being super reliable for great food. I was keen to revisit a Keg to see if that was still the case.

Walking into this Keg on York was amazing - this place is huge! Being a nice night we opted for the rear patio where not only is there plenty of dining tables but also a full bar.

We had a wonderful server - Paige who looked after us two very very well.

The Baseball Sirloin was definitely better than I ever remembered it and with the Lobster tail it was amazing. The Canadian wine was good too.

My friend who has lived in the City for 6 months now hadn't yet made it to this branch however he also fell in love with it and says it is now his Keg of choice - praise indeed from him believe me!

A good meal done very well and will live long in the memory.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Went here after reading reviews on Trip advisor. We were not disappointed. Great atmosphere & very friendly helpful staff.
I ordered the fillet steak & mentioned that i am really fussy about the way medium is cooked. The Keg chef didn't dissapoint. The steak was cooked to perfection & melted in your mouth. My husbands New York style steak was perfect too .
The fish starters ( shrimps & scallops) were fab too.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here while on holiday and had a delicious meal, sirloin and garlic mash, Cajun shrimp and steak with fries, followed by Billy Miner pie. Good food, drink, fair price for a big city, attentive waitress with excellent customer skills.
If you're in Toronto this place worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I found this on TripAdvisor and made a reservation on OpenTable for our Sunday night meal in Toronto. There are several locations, and I had to change my reservation since I made it for one that wasn’t the closest to my hotel. We walked the ½ mile or so from our hotel, the Doubletree, and were promptly seated. Our waiter was Justin G. He seemed to be learning but did a mostly great job. We decided to splurge. I had escargots, which were actually Champignons Escargot (Snails stuffed in mushrooms). Very tasty! My other half had the French onion soup. He had a bottle of the JT Chardonnay, and I had two large draughts of local, seasonal beer. We both had the 10 oz filets: mine blue to rare, and his medium rare. We both chose asparagus for our side. We split a side order of mushrooms as well. Everything was delicious. My steak was cooked perfectly and was “warm and bloody” as I prefer. I did get lost when I was trying to return from the bathroom since I had gone a circuitous way and didn’t realize I wasn’t too far from my table, but Justin saw me looking lost and pointed back the short way to my table. All of the service people seemed to be waiting on their tables but could have been a little more attentive to other tables for tasks such as water refills when they were walking by with a pitcher, etc. Staff from the kitchen usually brought out the food so sometimes it could take a while for personal service. That was my only complaint-more attentive service to empty glasses and a visit by the assigned waiter after each course is presented by kitchen staff. When we return to Toronto, this place, or one of its namesakes depending where we are staying, will definitely be high on the list for a great steak! It’s a TripAdvisor 5!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This keg was awesome with service and best food . Highly recommend ! Was in for tiff block festival and decided to tryout downtown Keg . It is awesome and highly recommend .

Been to The Keg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK