“The Chinese food of my childhood”
Review of Lee Garden - CLOSED

Lee Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Lee Garden offers the classic Chinese food experience -- tea is on the table before you've finished pulling in your chair. You order by writing the number of the dish you want, and the waiter reads it back to you with the dish's name. Food is speedily delivered and there's lots of it. Perhaps the vegetables were bathed a bit too relentlessly in oil, and the sweet and sour chicken might have suffered from a surfeit of color and corn syrup, but these are not necessarily negatives when searching for the taste of memory.

1  Thank KiwilineNY

Reviewed 8 April 2017

First off, we arrived early, about 4:30 on a Thursday, hungry and tired from a long drive. Water and tea were on the table within less than a minute of sitting, nice.
We both ordered the $14 special, soup, main course and desert and, spring rolls.
Spring rolls were good, crispy, tasty.
Hot and Sour soup was spicy hot and actually had a sour afterbite, unique and good.
Wonton soup was good, with small shrimp in the noodle(?).
Beef ginger was great, and deep fried chicken was even better.
Deep fried banana with a honey sauce was dessert, and I don't eat banana usually, but I finished this too.
Super good service, nice room, friendly people, very clean, will return

1  Thank PhilipStop10
Reviewed 8 April 2017

On the advice of a fellow at the Super 8, we came here for a nice chinese meal. The specials were very good... The hot and sour soup was one of the better I have tried. I liked my husbands ginger beef better than my spicy chicken, but luckily he liked my chicken better. Very very clean, great service, and the price was excellent.

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal at Lee Garden. Came in on a Friday night after 8:45pm and easily found a table.

Great service from the staff, which can sometimes be elusive in an ethnic restaurant.

We ordered the Black Cod (deep fried with a garlic/parsley sprinkle on top) - its to die for - decadent but worth every calorie. Also, ordered the Shanghai Noodles and Chinese Beef & Broccoli (the beef was extremely tender). All 3 dishes were excellent and we're already planning to go back.

*Price wise-a little more expensive from other places in the Chinatown area but you could tell there was no MSG in the food and it was fresh; I'm willing to pay more for that.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Very,very good food with large portions. We had a bit of a wait but the gentlemen got us in as quick as he could. You can't go wrong here for great Chinese.

1  Thank Jake M