“Excellent meat, excellent prices”

VOS Restaurante Argentino
Ranked #1,257 of 9,819 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 41
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: The flavours of Argentina are in more than just the cuisine. From the vineyards of Mendoza to the sights and sounds of Buenos Aires, Rosario, Northern and Southern Argentina. These atmospheric ingredients are what make for a true Argentinean experience. This is Vos - An experience that goes beyond taste.
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

The meat dishes are excellent when paired with the prices. Truly argentine taste. The deserts are also very good. I wish the empanadas would be baked rather than fried but they are still good. Service is also very good. One of my three preferred dining places in Toronto.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I was greeted by Jimena when I entered. Despite it being a Thursday night, the restaurant was rather empty. I was sat next to the garage door right at the top of the restaurant. My first Argentine friend from Rosario arrived shortly after I did.

Jimena told us a bit about the menu and we decided to just go for mains and dessert after. We shared the lomito vos and a bife de chorizo. It was very good... im not normally a medium rare guy but it was great! The fried veggie chips were excellent too. The lomito vos was very comparable to what we had in Argentina.

The dulce the leche desserts were very good too. Go see the wine room downstairs when you do visit.

We had a good chat with the owner. Vicente and my friend are both Newell's supporters. Vicente wanted to kick me out of the restaurant as I told him I was Central. The truth is I love all Argentine football and dont support a particular team, I am only 100% committed to the national team.

We had a great time at Vos and I will definitely go back next time I am in town. #VamosArgentina

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Quiet Sunday night dinner. Nice and cozy.

We initially had irritating issues with the owner who wanted to charge us for some of our guests who weren’t able to come.

Good for us, our waitress, Jimena, sorted it out and also provided superb attentive service and helped us so much in walking us through the menu!

Parrillada - meat tasting board that’s not on the menu - was recommended by Jimena and we didn’t have any regrets!

The Asado de Tira (short rib) empanadas were so tasty we ended ordering extra for take out!

For dessert - try the ones on the pictures!

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to the restaurant and I was thrilled with the whole experience. You are made to feel like family the moment you walk in the door. The staff are super knowledgeable and there to assist with every single detail. The Wine list and menu are easy to navigate and absolutely delicious. The empanadas are a must try!!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Had a late dinner here - nice ambiance, very friendly staff. Had the mixed empanadas as an appy and really enjoyed all of them. We each had a steak with fries - requested rare and they were cooked exactly to our liking, very flavourful and really good fries too! Only issue was the lack of selection of beer and cider (there wasn't any), I know it's likely to be expected for this type of fare however the glasses of wine started at $14 (for a 5oz), I just don't understand restaurants that don't carry reasonably priced glasses of wine, serve a house one - do they not want to make $$$ - the food was reasonably priced so the wine costs really didn't line up.

Date of visit: August 2018