“Spectacular Service and Great Location!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Ranked #36 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Atlanta, Georgia
“Spectacular Service and Great Location!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my 6-year-old while visiting family in Toronto. My son had a virus and we could not be near my sick mother in-law. We booked last minute and chose this hotel due to price and location in the city. We checked in and got to a basic room, which was clean, modern and had everything we needed. Within a few minutes however, we heard some rowdy grads partying next door. I sheepishly called to front desk where a manager whisked upstairs with keys to a new, upgraded room and carried my bags. The room was beautiful but the service was even better. The next morning we went down to breakfast and again needed some special assistance because my son was to ill to eat in the restaurant. Three people assisted me, retrieving a tray for our food. The location of this hotel is great too, right near good shopping and a couple of blocks from the CN tower and the Rogers Center. I am picky when it comes to hotels and this one exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank YamaMom
Peggy C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear YamaMom - thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our property. The comments on our property are wonderful, but it is even better to hear such wonderful feedback about how our team made your stay memorable. We are lucky to have a very dedicated team who really do care about exceeding your expectations. I hope we will see you again.

Director of Sales & Marketing
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Polish first
Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I visited Toronto Canada for the first time. I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, at 92 Peter Street. for the period 9/05/12 - 17/05/12. I got a a room on the 10th floor (room 1009) It was a nice room as expected, large king size bed, mini refridgerator and microwave. I was a bit disappointed the refridgerator didt have a freezer though. The room was clean including the bathroom. There were always a supply of fresh towels and complimentary toiletries.

All staff esp the cleaning staff was pleasant and friendly, the front desk staff had the usual cut and dry smiles (nothing like what you get at the resorts) but they were always helpful.
My main disappointment about this hotel however, for the price paid for the room compare with other Hilton hotels I think breakfast should have been included.

The location of the hotel was perfect, walking distance to everything, including China town and lots of night clubs and restaurants. I did not encounter any problems at nights with any noise from vehicles passing or from music from the discos.. I slept like a baby.

I would definitley go back to this hotel if I have to visit Toronto again.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the night clubs
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Lindsay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

The hotel Room was Beautiful and clean. Heard the Drunk people out side of the rooms all night and from the street. Found the staff to be rude and it was hard to find the valet for parking. Good for one night wouldnt stay longer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paige M
Peggy C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Paige M. - Thank you so much for posting your comments here - we appreciate all feedback. We are located in the heart of the Entertainment District so there is sometimes noise carry over from the neighborhood. We do, however, believe in ensuring our guests uphold a "quiet enjoyment" policy so I do apologise for any inconvenience from other guests in our hotel. I don't have the date of your stay so I do hope you did call the front desk to have security deal with the situation. We are always available while you are in house to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. I am disappointed to hear you did not find our staff welcoming or availalbe, if you are able to connect with me directly, I will ensure we take steps to investigate. I can be reached at peggy.corbiell@hilton.com. Kind regards,

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

The hotel is in a great area. Near the theatre district, 15-20 min walk to the CN Tower and Sports Arena. I come here often for work and I find it very comfortable - the beds are great! The staff is helpful as well. Tons of restaurants are located around the hotel as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank brooklynshaz
Dear brooklynshaz - thank you for posting your feedback! We are so close to so many wonderful Toronto attractions, so I am glad you are able to find time to explore the city when you are staying with us for business. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Harrow, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

This hotel was within walking distance of everything that we went to Toronto to see. The Bluejays, Kensington Market and good food. It was very clean and comfortable. We always sleep well on Hilton's adjustable mattresses and cozy duvets. The staff was courteous and accommodating. The only downside was having to pay 35 dollars to park our car overnight but I guess that is the going rate for downtown Toronto.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear 6tenths - thank you for taking the time to post your review. We enjoy being minutes away from so many great entertainment, food, and sporting options in this great city. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.