“Hilton Garden Inn has a great location and quiet, clean rooms with a nice breakfast.”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had a Wag Jaunt for a 2 day stay this past week for 4 friends ( my 19 yr dtr. and her friend and myself and a friend). We had no trouble getting there - handy to Lakeshore Blvd. Walking distance to so many things to do and see. Cora's is just down the street for lunch. They let us have early check in and late check out. I thought it would be noisy at night when the clubs close but we were on the 9th floor on the east side and did not hear a thing.
Breakfast was wonderful- the staff encouraged us to take whatever we wanted to go - with paper bags made available. Nice lobby with fresh cookies in the evening.
We would love to come back.

Room Tip: Higher up is probably quieter - we were on the 9th floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
hgitdgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear EDV1958 - thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review here after your most recent stay. We have had a great response from the folks who booked through WagJag Jaunt - especially about the breakfast (although it IS the same for everyone!). Please don't be a stranger and come back and visit us again soon!

Sally Ifill, GM

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

The hotel is walking distance to downtown and public transport is right outside. We came in from Australia and the staff were fantastic in directing us to all the places that were of interest. The reception and bar staff were great in giving us suggestions and tips on where to go and how to get there. The hotel is a bit old and has a strange smell of tooooo many chemicals used in cleaning, but I guess that does mean they do clean. The rooms were small but had everything and generally we had an enjoyable stay and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear hotabbots - thank you posting your review here but I am concerned that we are not the hotel you stayed at! The reason I say that is that we are not an old hotel - when you stayed in September 2011, we had been open just 2 and 1/2 years! Of course, I do realise that IS old for some cities where hotels open up almost weekly - so maybe I am mistaken! Either way, we certainly do appreciate the feedback and would love to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I recently stayed at te Hilton Garden Inn to try something different. The lobby is quite lovely, the parking is expensive. Be aware that this is in the club district so be prepared to encounter drunk people on the weekend stumbling about. The room was clean and quite large. We had a room with a stand up shower which was fine by me. I truly disliked the bed. It was an adjustable bed that allows you to choose the softness, I found it to be lumpy and uncomfortable. we enjoyed the pool and hot tub albeit not very deep. There is also a small fitness center. My fav part was the breakfast buffet. The price is very reasonabe and the quality of the food was great. They let you take some take out back to the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear JamesPharm - thank you so much for having posted your review here after your recent stay. So sorry that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. The breakfast really is getting the best reviews on here recently!

Regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The hotel is very new and clean and rooms are much larger then the typical downtown hotel. The room was great and had an awesome view of downtown Toronto. There's noise but that's what to expect at any hotel in a major city. Parking was VERY expensive and I parked at a city lot off site. The restuarant has a great breakfast with a lot of options. Location is not too far of a walk from major attractions but the area right around the hotel is mostly offices. If you're staying downtown and don't need the car this is a good option, but for someone who needs to drive around the expense of parking and needing to get the car from a valet can be a hassle.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to cut back on the noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mwav3
hgitdgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear mwav3,
Thank you so much for posting your review here. It's great to see that you enjoyed yourself whilst you were here. Keep us in mind next time you visit Toronto!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Our check in at this hotel took over an hour on a Saturday afternoon. There were not enough seats in the lobby for the number of guests who were waiting for assistance and it was so crowded there was little sense of one's place in the "line". I clocked two of the groups in front of me at 22 and 16 minutes respectively - who has this kind of time to register for a hotel stay? My own prepaid super easy CC in hand check in also took an unreal 12 minutes. I don't typically times check ins but there wasn't much else to do. It was too crowded to chat with my travel companion about anything of actual interest. As expected no apology for the squishy wait. It's downtown Toronto after all, location will always trump customer service. Room was clean and nice, breakfast was great. I'm sure my timing was a fluke but I'm also sure the front office staff's lack of concern was typical.

Room Tip: Views are nice, get a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear NiagaraBurtons,
Thank you so much for posting your comments here - we appreciate all feedback. The time it took for you - and others - to check in is certainly not "the norm" and without knowing the exact date and time of your check in, I am unable to determine the cause of the delay - but certainly do apologise for the inconvenience that caused. It does sseem that you enjoyed the rest of your stay so I am glad to read that!
Regards,