“Tapas with NYC vibe”
Review of Lena Restaurante

Lena Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Lena Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #489 of 9,388 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Fantastic!! The food is excellent, service perfect, atmosphere perfect with the Art Deco touches and a nice NYC kind of buzz but not too loud. I loved the Jamon Ravioli and the blistered peppers. I'll definitely be back

Reviewed 7 December 2016

O&B has some good restaurants and my favourite is near Union Station, less good is the one at TIFF. When I saw this one at the corner of Richmond, I figured it must be in the Saks Building and under the auspices of the store.
It has the old elegance of a New York restaurant, leather banquettes, cosy corners and downstairs (where the washrooms are - really pretty wall paper) is where you could imagine meeting your lover. It has a feel of classy seclusion.
However the food we had was - as I say- only pretty good. It was lunch and there was not a lot of light choices. I had the mushroom and lentil soup. Lots of nicely cooked mushrooms, but very few kentils( maybe 15?),and not a lot of flavour. My friend ordered the escarole salad that looked nicely composed visually, and she seemed happy. However, both our latte and capachino arrived cool and had to be sent back.And the repetitive non- description music was so loud to make us have to shout at one another. We finally asked for it to be turned down. As well, because the booths are located at the edges of windows, the room was cold.

So Ambiance great, but the rest, only so- so. Maybe hype up flavours and offer a few more choices. Surprisingly, the place was packed. Well, it's pretty, close to Christmas and I guess the downtown crowd likes to get out.

Howe

Reviewed 5 December 2016

So I am not a foodie by any means but the food was AMAZING. We went for a team Christmas dinner and every selection was very tasty. The lamb: succulent, the Yucca Fries with aioli: yum, the aged ham: flavourful and rich, the calamari: so so tasty; croquettes; scrumptious. I didn't have the beef tartare but apparently was very delicious. Great menu choices. I have already recommended to a few friends

Reviewed 1 December 2016

I loved the street level restaurant decor. Deep blue banquettes, centre bar that preserved the art deco pillar and the beauty of the space by incorporating it into the bar. The lower level seemed a little dark but may have been a cozy spot on a winter's day. Bravo to the design team!

The food was decent but a little overpriced. Servers were attentive.
Went with a group of co-workers and between the music being too loud combined with the acoustics of a busy restaurant, it was almost impossible to hear the conversation across the table.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

My friends and I dropped in here on a Saturday evening around 6pm for a coffee and respite from the cold. The restaurant was lively and looks beautiful, we were escorted to the lower level for our coffee. It's a lovely space, dark wood, low lighting, an ideal spot for a date. The menu consisted of tapas, cocktails and coffee/tea. The tea choice is pretty limited though. Coffee was very good and we stayed just over an hour and were not made to feel rushed. A cappacino was about 5.50- a bit steep but the ambience and venue compensated.

My only issues were that the music was a tad too loud and the corridor to the bathroom -the wallpaper is hideous :) I think the washroom doors were wallpapered too.