All reviews front desk grocery store spacious room hotel is centrally located my colleague stayed for nights exercise room walking distance internet connection quiet night nice breakfast downtown area yogurt pancake machine enjoyable stay hot breakfast great place to stay
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days in February,2017. It has an updated lobby and the rooms are well appointed. The breakfast was fine and offered a reasonable selection.The staff were friendly and able to address any questions and concerns.
The hotel was almost $200 which was high for this level of hotel in a quiet time of the year.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at back of building
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2017

First impressions matter! The overflowing garbage and cigarette butts everywhere by the entrance did not bode well. You would think that the hotel would show its best for the Stars and Thunder Festival. When I mentioned the garbage at check in, staffer said "oh yes, I noticed it when I came in this morning but we're full and very busy". This was at 3 in the afternoon.

The elevator was similarly unpleasant. I get that floor mats get salty and dirty in Timmins in winter but this was June 30. Lounge chair in Room 611 was stained. Design flaws include concrete curbs too high to step up comfortably in the parking lot and taps that don't fit the sink. If it hadn't been for the magnificent Breakfast Lady, I would have rated the hotel a 1. Room housekeeping was good.

Patrons smoke by the front entrance. Staff smoke by the side entrance.

The adjacent Pick of the Crop for take out food and snacks was superb.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Hello DebandBill!

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I'm sorry to learn that multiple cleanliness issues marred your stay. It is always our goal to not only meet your expectations but exceed them. I understand that we failed in that department for you. Please accept my apology. Although I know it can never truly make up for what you encountered, I offer it to you with complete sincerity. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure we learn from our mistakes. Please know that we take every guest comment seriously and value your opinion. On a lighter note, I'm certain that our breakfast staff will be delighted to know about your commendation. I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Spent three nights in this hotel. I can't say anything about it other than great hotel, great SERVICE, great staff.
Professional team, hot breakfast , high speed free WIFI internet.

I recommend this hotel to any visitor to Timmins.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Very modern, nice staff, clean and spacious rooms, center of town, across parking lot is an aweomse market store with groceries and fresh pre-made meals - ate there daily! Internet was good. Stayed 5 nights

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights. Everything was as expected with a new Holiday Inn express with a couple of added bonuses. First, the front staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Second, which was an unexpected pleasure, my colleague and I were leaving earlier than the start for breakfast and the hotel provided a "bagged breakfast" option where you select what you would like from a list of breakfast items and it is prepared and ready to go for you in the morning. The wifi was excellent, which can be touch and go in various hotels. My only negative comment was the road noise. My room overlooked the main road through Timmins so it was noisier than expected. A backside room would be much quieter so ask for one and you will have a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business