See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Spent the week in Timmins for Stars and Thunder, I was happy to stay at the Bon Air. The price was higher than usual but all the hotel were having higher prices anyway. I had no fees for parking and the show was next door, so I was able to see the fireworks from my window after all day seeing bands. The room was newly renovated and the staff was very nice. They also had security on the property to ensure our security during the night. So I felt very safe and enjoyed my time very much. I give them two thumbs up !!!!

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I reserved two rooms during the Stars and Thunder event, june 24 and july 1 in December. At that time, the programmation of the event had been announced. The confirmed price I received was 133$ per night. So I booked the rooms. On June 25th when I checked out, the Bon Air did not respect my 133$ night and attempted to charge 199$. I had by confirmation sheet so they respected the 133$. However, during the week, I received another confirmation for my July 1st reservation and it was increased to 199$. They are not honest. The room is so so. I kept my shoes the whole time since the carpet did not seem clean. I will never go back there.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sylvie F
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We decided to try a stay at this hotel today because it was so close to the fireworks festival going on this week. Prices online listed rooms for 115$ We decided to just stop in and see what kind of price we can get at the desk seeing as the lot was empty and the lady at the desk said same room was 169$ and admitted she was raising it because of the festival. We should have booked online grrrr!! She would have had to honor the price. She would not even budge! Sad thing is the price to book online is still 115. All other local hotels private and chains had lower advertised prices. Poor customer service and a bad example of price gougeing. Got an amazing room down the street at a reasonable price instead.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Courtney A
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I stayed here a few years ago. I was still living in Iroquois Falls and was taking a Tisdale tours bus to Toronto early in the morning, so I stayed overnight instead of driving an hour early in the morning. The room was clean, little to no noise as I was in one of the rear buildings away from traffic noise. Tim Hortons right across the street, Mikes next door and downtown only a 5 minute walk away; can't ask for better. It was a basic motel, but unlike other motels that are notoriously unkempt, this one could compete well with big hotel chains. Great stay if you don't want to break the bank.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 8 December 2016

I was on a business trip and had to make a last-minute stop in Timmins. As it was getting late I needed a place to stay. The front counter clerk was very helpful. Well after giving me the usual spiel of oh I do not know if we have any rooms left. Seeing that I was alone he said he only had a queen left if that were OK. Jokingly looking around I said I believe we will manage. Once I paid and got to the room I questioned myself what he meant only one room left. The back part where I was was empty. Totally empty. I guess it hard not to hustle. :) even if there is no need. I was tired and just wanted to get a good nights rest.
The rooms were clean, and had the appearance of being recently remodeled. I liked it. Had the usual big screen TV and free internet.
I had a great nights rest and was ready to work the next day. If need be I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business