“YUMMY”
Review of Nook

Nook
Ranked #20 of 316 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 26
Description: Italian style, family style. Handmade pizza and pasta made with quality ingredients, served in a lively atmosphere. Selection of daily specials.
Reviewed 2 November 2018

We were in Thunder Bay on business....well hubby was I was along for the ride....we were both hungry for Italian so we searched and found this little gem...and wow am I glad we did... the atmosphere was awesome nothing to formal just perfect actually! We had a pleasant young lady the 1st night..(yes we went two nights in a row) she is a schooled teacher ..sorry I forgot her name but very lovely and a lot of fun! We shared the burrata appetizer complete with prochutto, and some good bread! yup it was fabulous..we ordered a really good bottle of Amarone wine which went perfect with our meal. I had pizza, hubby had gnocchi he ranted and raved about his meal...the next night he had pizza I had the gnocchi...I’m really not a gnocchi fan as I find it very heavy but not here light and fluffy I think I could’ve eaten two full plates. Joey served us the 2nd night (we did meet him the 1st night) full of life Joey!!! they make you really feel right at home here. The staff all get along it’s actually very pleasant to see. I can’t wait to go back and enjoy another meal or two! Normally you either get great food and mediocre service ...here you get it all ....go sip on a glass of wine and enjoy the atmosphere, the company and unbelievable authentic Italian food!! Shout out to the pizza maker always smiling and produces awesome pizza thanks guys for two amazing nights out! Can’t wait to see you all again

Reviewed 30 October 2018

we enjoyed wood fired pizza yummy
and a olive oil cake which we had to try because it sounded so weird it was delicious we loved it. Definitely a place to go when in Thunder bay

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

I don’t see burrata a lot on menus so I get it when I see it. It’s not house-made but they platter it with very high quality and fresh ingredients (including an insanely delightful house pesto). Service is efficient and this place was very busy Sunday at 1-2 pm. There are def not a lot of options in TB for a decent lunch at that house. Wonderful. Raspberry bellinis. Will be back!!

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

My son and I were visiting TB and we stopped at Nook for lunch. What a bright and friendly spot.
The homemade fresh pizzas are so good but, by far, the meatballs are the tastiest we have ever had! The sauce and fresh bread that go with the meatball appetizer are to die for!

Thank you to the great friendly staff at Nook for giving us such a memorable lunch!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

My partner and I had lunch at nook a few weeks ago. The service and atmosphere were very good. The menu wasn't exhaustive, however this didn't bother us. We typically eat at smaller, local restaurants and hate feeling overwhelmed by textbook-style menus. We started with the olives and then split the garden salad and one of the pizzas. The pizza was terrific; the toppings didn't fall off, not too much cheese, and a very good crust. We are originally from Windsor, Ontario, where pizza is a huge part of our city's culture, so for us to say the pizza was spot on means that it was perfection. The salad on the other hand was just fine; I found the dressing a bit uninspiring. We finished off with the affogato which was very nice. Overall we had a wonderful lunch here and would definitely recommend it.

Date of visit: September 2018