“Good Food”

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 298 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 8
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This particular establishment is a bit hard to find. It's located behind the bank on Hewitson Street, next to Caribou. My prime rib was done as requested, tender and tasty. It seemed thinner than the 10 oz cut I get at Texas Roadhouse, but I didn't have a scale. Amy, the server, was appropriately attentive and not at all flustered when I changed my order.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Our group came in for drinks and a selection of heavy apps. Tuna tacos, iceberg wedge salad, cauliflower steak and a burger. All drinks and apps were great.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I've eaten at a few different locations and this is a better than average location of a restaurant with pretty high standards already. We both chose the Prime rib special. It was a perfect medium rare. Baked potatoes were perfect as were the vegetables my wife ordered. My salad was a little under dressed than I prefer but not enough to complain. You won't go wrong at this Keg.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Met friends in the bar on Friday night for drinks and apps. The atmosphere was lacking, partly due to the decor, lighting, huge TV screens and seating- it felt almost like sitting in a cafeteria.

I will say that the service was excellent, with friendly and attentive servers. However, the appetizer menu was disappointing: very limited, with only one vegetarian option. The two cocktails I ordered were almost flavourless despite the tantalizing description on the menu, but we ended our night on a good note with the Billy Miner pie which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

There are places in Thunder Bay with better menus and more atmosphere, but we met here because one of my friends had a gift card.

TheKegSteakhouse, Guest Relations Manager at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We understand that while you were satisfied with your visit overall, your experience fell short in other areas. We would like to connect with you directly to better understand your concerns and encourage you to email us at kegcommunity@kegrestaurants.com with the details, including the location. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Although this is one of the busiest Kegs in Canada, I am not sure why. The atmosphere is excellent, the food is acceptable as is the service, but the price is not worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We would like to hear from you directly so that we can better understand your concerns and follow up with you. If you could please email us at kegcommunity@kegrestaurants.com with the details of your visit, including the location, your experience will be reviewed further by the General Manager and Operations Director. We hope to hear from you soon so we can connect.