“You get what you pay for”

Motel 6 - Sudbury, ON
Motel 6 - Sudbury, ON
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Looking for a cheap place to spend the night? This will do. The location is convenient and the staff were friendly. It was also convenient to be able to park our car right outside the door. Our room had a shower (no tub) and the bathroom got soaked anytime we showered. Also a fan in the bathroom would provide better circulation instead of causing the whole room to get steamy and damp. The towels and sheets had a mouldy smell. We asked for extra towels but these also smelled. I improvised by using a blanket from my car and my beach towels. They offer coffee from 7-9 am. There is a kitchen that is wide open on main floor near lobby which is for their personal use only. It should be labeled better or kept closed to avoid confusion.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 May 2016

After spending a lot of money at other hotels we tried this place to save some money while in Sudbury due to a loved one passing.
It's cheap....$150 for 2 nights. Its cluttered with a bunch of stuff stacked behind the desk and a room to the right of the front desk that gives it a trashy look. I asked to see the rooms first the main floor had a plastic walk in shower and the smell of curry and spice was over powering on the main floor, the second floor actually had tubs and more updated rooms that were basically clean. The carpet was horrible but the bathroom was all redone. (Do it yourself redone that is) but at least they are trying to make it look nicer. It is noisy. We had some loud mouth lady on our floor that was loud, there is no sound proofing. The door had a privacy lock only with made us very uncomfortable no locking bar no deadbolt nothing for safety. And the doors are the cheap thin doors not the thick soundproof doors you get at all other hotel/motels. They give you too few towels that are tiny , they stunk like paint, but the new ones the next day were clean smelling. The curtains were awful they are very Thin and let all the light in all night and morning, we had a blanket in our car that we brought up and hung over the window.
Its cheap accommodations, without bugs. So it did its purpose. I would return if there was better security on the doors and something done to upgrade the lack of sound proofing, and the over powering spice smell is very unpleasant for guests. I loved spiced and curry food but not having everything smell like it because it's so overpowering in the building.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has tubs and less smell of spice and curry.
3  Thank trishbaby100
Reviewed 11 May 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Pioneer Inn on the way down to Barrie to visit my mother for Mother's Day. I was greeted at the front desk with a smile, given my extra pillows, as requested, and directed to our room. The room was clean and neat.....,just what we wanted for a one night stay. We were so happy we have booked a room for our return trip! On an interesting side note, the motel is being renovated.......not sure if it has been in continuous operation, but my parents, sister and I stayed at the same place 45 years ago!!! i was thrilled to find it still or again in business. A nice, clean no-frills place at a terrific price!

1  Thank Patsy S
Reviewed 9 May 2016

My husband & I were driving from Toronto to Thunder Bay, & trying to keep costs down, we were always on the look-out for a deal.
Stopping in Sudbury for the night, a quick google search told me that this was the cheapest hotel around, & I figured 'how bad could it be?'
Well, I was very impressed. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, & it was a great place to spend the night. It was very quiet, I couldn't hear the other customers or any road traffic.

2  Thank ThePunkHippie
Reviewed 10 November 2014

I pulled in after a long drive. I just needed a place to rest for the night before carrying on with my drive in the morning. Staff was friendly, reasonable price, newly renovated rooms, flat screen TV, tiled bathroom, lots of space in the room and it was very clean. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo