“Definitely worth a try”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American, International, Healthy, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Susan Dunfield has retired Down The Street is now under new ownership
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

This restaurant has changed hands.
Down the Street was always a favourite, especially when they served an amazing calamari.
It is now called The Mill Stone.
We dined there on a Saturday. Staff were enthusiastic & attentive. The food was very good-- we had pork ribs and Arctic char. The place was very busy --and quite noisy --but we were pre theatre so that is to be expected .
We will definitely try it again.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Very cool, chic- everything was outstanding! I had a cold soba noodle salad that with breaded crisp fried tofu (converted me to tofu- was going to ask without but so glad i did not) and my friend had salad with sweet potato, quinoa, black beans- we both could eat like this everyday! No pre packed food here- all made fresh and presented well- thank you!

Reviewed 21 May 2016

It was one fine burger. And Scott McKowan's posters were fire.
Now re-opened as The Mill Stone.
Changes are the only constant.

1  Thank tpaetkau2016
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Excellent food, great people watching, a Stratford playgoer's essential Stratford experience. Make a reservation!!

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went there on their Friday night date night . The restaurant was empty apart from one other table of two. We ordered two medium rare steaks that came out rare so we had to send them back. As a chef I know the difference between rare and medium rare so to hear the chef say they were cooked perfectly angered me. The food was severely under seasoned and cold after they re cooked the steaks. Overall it was extremely dissapointed as we heard good things about this place and ended up spending $100 and left hungry.

1  Thank Danny G