“Tasty lunch”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American, International, Healthy, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Susan Dunfield has retired Down The Street is now under new ownership
Reviewed 14 November 2015

Still an interesting menu, but I would say the menu has been stepped up a notch. Banh Mi and Grilled Cheese sandwiches with poblano peppers were excellent

Reviewed 31 October 2015

We were in Stratford for a couple of days of R & R. This restaurant was recommended to us by a a friend and we very pleased with our experience. The owners and staff were very attentive and readily explained the various items. The food and wine selections were varied and pleasing. The walls were decorated with a large selection of play bills that were complemented with Halloween accessories throughout the pemises. We certainly will return and highly recommend this establishment.

1  Thank kirtap
Reviewed 29 October 2015

I have been going to this restaurant for at least ten years and after my most recent visit I thought it was time to write a review. I was really surprised that it is not listed in the top 20 Stratford, Ontario restaurants as it is and always has been my goto restaurant when visiting the town.
Always a creative internationally themed menu, that is updated often/seasonally, offering first class food prepared with care and attention. Attentive service. On our last visit we shared the spring rolls, a great beet salad and an excellent scallop ceviche.
The only disappointment I have ever had is that sometimes the dish I was looking forward to ordering is no longer on the menu but that only to be replaced with another favourite.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

The last time my family was lucky enough to secure a table here in 2010, we were pinching ourselves. That's how good it used to be. Which is why we were shocked when we attended the last performance of Anne Frank on Thanksgiving weekend that the menu hadn't changed an iota since 2010. I ordered the Vegetable Tagine and had to send it back because it hadn't been heated enough in the microwave. My husband ordered the lamb which arrived on a plateful of lentils. The meat was tender although it had all been pulled off the bone, but the lentils had no flavour whatsoever. On top of this, flies kept landing on our food in spite of the fact that we were seated at the back of the dining room. With tip dinner for two with two individual glasses of wine was $150. Believe me, you can do better for this kind of money.

2  Thank iv96364
Reviewed 14 October 2015

This is my favourite restaurant in Stratford, and there are lots of good ones! Creative choices, always fresh, great service, casual dark bistro-like atmosphere. Just make sure they are open, they have unusual hours.