All reviews small lake walking trails paddle boats hot tub fire pit continental breakfast hard boiled eggs canada geese occasional train enjoy nature wooded area gluten free options homemade muffins outdoor seating the breakfast area close to town beautiful property
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I love staying at this small and quaint motel with its beautiful setting in the trees by the private lake. Breakfast is provided although I would like to see a greater variety of protein available ie scambled eggs, bacon, ham or cottage cheese.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ForestMotelStratford, Manager at Forest Motel & Woodland Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you for the review, Brianne! We're glad you enjoyed staying here. We do provide boiled eggs with our breakfast, although some guests do not see them on the breakfast buffet.

See you next time!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Wow. What a phenomenal stay!

They have a variety of rooms. Some motel rooms in the main building. And some rooms in the owners beautiful home. We stayed in the Canadiana room in the home. The main bedroom was absolutely beautiful, I would love to have this as my bedroom every night!!!! The bathroom was also very stylish and there was an extra double bed, small kitchen table, kitchen supplies and a few recliner chairs. Staying in this particular room we had access to the salt water hot tub on the deck which was amazing relaxing under the stars at night! The room was extremely clean and had various nice touches to make you feel at home such as bathrobe, popcorn for the microwave ect ect ect I believe each room is different though, this was for the King Canadiana room which I would highly recommend!

The property itself it absolutely stunning. Right on a lake with walking trails, paddle boats, canoes, fire pits which are lit at night!!! Lots of seating to relax by the lake and fires and even swans which you can feed. I believe the walking trails can be snowshoe/cross country ski in the winter.

Breakfast was a very nice touch with fresh fruits, fresh baked muffins ect ect.

Family owned business, some of the nicest/genuine people you'll meet! They are doing a terrific job and I would highly recommend anybody to stay here! If I'm back in the area, I sure look forward to returning

1  Thank itchinAustralia

Thanks so much for the fantastic review! We look forward to hosting you two again!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The reservation using Booking.com can be misleading so be sure you call and ask for what you want and what it says. The staff keeps the contact at a very professional distance. The place is nice, clean, simple. Breakfast can be more creative: only boiled eggs as protein source. The swans are beautiful. I enjoyed my stay with the family. I recommend the place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
ForestMotelStratford, Manager at Forest Motel & Woodland Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We certainly do not aim to be misleading with our customers. We would love to hear more about your booking experience, and where you found the issue when booking through Booking.com. Please contact our office at (519) 271 - 4573 and ask for Ben.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Very accessible to the festival. A little hard to find after dark! Extremely pretty property with pond, swans, woods. Do not plan to use the pull out couch for sleeping. Very soft beds. Popcorn and muffins and teas provided.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review, Carolyn.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Imagine a real Canadian nature experience without the inconvenience of a camper van! A comfortable bed, clean bathroom, and warm welcome, and before bed, sitting beside the lake, feet up warming beside a wood log fire a blaze. Early morning wander along wooded paths with a family of swans swimming along side. I didn't have time to take out a bike or a canoe as my visit was too short. I sleep well and enjoy a simple breakfast with home made muffins. I look forward to my next visit.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ForestMotelStratford, Manager at Forest Motel & Woodland Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review, Marion! We're glad you got to relax and enjoy our outdoor offering! We'll see you next time,