“Nice”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 503 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Nice all you can eat place, crab legs are so popular there.
Food is nice for this kind of place.
However, it is basic Asian food, which you can find everywhere.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve never written a review for the Mandarin before because I figured everyone knows how good it is and how consistent the quality of the food and service is as well. We were there for lunch yesterday and I couldn’t believe how they’ve kicked the service up a notch. At most restaurants either the food is good and the service is bad or the food is bad but the service is good, or both are bad. Never at the Mandarin, both are always great. Considering it’s a chain, it’s amazing how they can put a personal touch on their service. If there’s something you want that’s not available, they really do their utmost to get it for you. Like if you’re on a low sodium diet they’ll make you something without salt. At least that’s been my experience. I’ve been going to the Mandarin since I was a child and I’ve never had a bad experience. How many restaurants can you say that about?

Date of visit: January 2018
3  Thank lena a
Reviewed 15 November 2017

It's a couple of years since I was last here but the choice, the quantity and the quality are still very good value for money. As a diabetic I particularly liked the option of sugar free cappuccino ice cream!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank portway
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This location is not quite as good as the one in the Falls for some reason, but the food is mostly fine. A standout is the Torpedo Shrimp - perfectly crisp and not greasy. The hot and sour soup is also quite good for a buffet. The server we had was the worst I've had there so I hope she was just having a busy lunch and isn't normally so rude. Other times this has not been an issue. Bring a healthy appetite or a few teenagers to ensure that you get your money's worth!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Yesterday,we went for take out food ,and was Terrible,the chicken balls ok,egg roll ok,The Rice was dry ,very hard ,teste less, I am pretty sure the rice was for the day before Awful,the chicken chow mean with no chicken,they steal my money I paid for leftovers TERRIBLE ,never again ,Restaurants Mandarin you own me money ,I think I will help people,don't buy take out food

Date of visit: October 2017