“Wonderfull delight for taste buds”

Green Lotus Thai Lao Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 503 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Green Lotus is a unique and casual dining experience where you will enjoy delicious Asian-fusion inspired cuisine. Relax in our Zen atmosphere accentuated by our comfortable chairs and handcrafted tables made from locally reclaimed Douglas fir, and sift through the menu to indulge in our carefully selected traditional Thai and Laotian favourites. Our goal is to give you the ultimate marriage of food, comfort and great hospitality. See you soon!
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Pre theatre visit. Server nice but appeared busy even though few tables occupied. Shared two dishes. The mango salad refreshing. Thai Sukiyaki was a great mix of flavours and spices. Nice sized portions.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here with a friend the other night. Quiet quaint place. Our server was polite and pleasant, but not very attentive, considering it wasn't very busy. We shared mango salad, it was ok, not cold as it should be, more room temperature. Shared pad thai, same thing, it was ok, but not hot, it was more warm. I had the coconut chicken soup, which is my favourite soup, but this one was weak in taste, not as creamy and coconut-ty as I hoped for and am used to. It was just an ok experience. Will try again in the future, and now know to specifically ask for things to be hotter, or colder.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank matteo j
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Tried hard to find good asian place when visiting St Catharines ON since one place closed.
Nice downtown location. Relatively easy street parking. WIFI

Very nice personalized service. Good food, very tasty, NOT loaded with chemicals.

Smoothies also very nice NOT loaded with sugar, very enjoyable, healthy.

Lunch special .

When visiting will always go there. Actually visited already about 3 times.

Nice atmosphere also. Good for small business meetings, ( they take plastic); if not busy for groups but not for a graduating whole class.

I like when spices are on the table, the place did NOT do it, but they bring you out upon request. Or have a small table on the side when are spices the customers could use ( fish sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar, soy, salt/pepper) They dont do that but it is easy to do and if I was the owner I would do, will make food for taste enthusiastic people even more enjoyable. Free hot tea if offered is a definite plus, I cant recall if it was or not.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Had the pho after it was recommended by a friend, it was by far the worst broth I've had in about 500 pho experiences (maybe a slight exaggeration but close), it was flavourless, like they used Campbell's beef broth as the stock....I've been eating pho all my life. Pho tien thang and the golden turtle are my two favourites, both in Toronto . Locally pho da bo (st Catharines location) does the trick. But this pho was laughable. When the server asked me how it was I replied, "it has no taste". Her reply way and quote "if you want flavour you have to add the sauces". I tried not to laugh because I wasn't quite sure if she was serious or not. Instead I just paid the bill and left.

My friend ordered the won ton soup. There were two won tons in there. Insane considering a bowl of won ton at pho da bo has 9-12 pieces with some slices of pork.

I can't believe this place is ranked this high. Maybe I ordered the worst two items on the menu and everything else is Michelin star worthy, but I can't get myself to return because of the sour taste in my mouth from the soups. Maybe I'll give them a chance again in the future. I have to believe that they're tanked this high for a reason. Time will tell

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank NiagaraFoodGuru
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Awesome staff and amazing food! A nice mix of Thai, Lao, Vietnamese and even Chinese and Japanese! Whether you're vegan or gluten free you will be well served here. Everything is delicious, fresh and awesome!

Date of visit: March 2017