Springbank House(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
US$ 167
US$ 163
Lily's House on the 12(St. Catharines)
US$ 180
Stone Mill Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 145
US$ 128
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 162
Capri Inn(St. Catharines)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
US$ 135
US$ 123
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewsroom was cleanoff the highwayking bedmini fridgeeasy accessniagara regionstcanadarateslinens
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I usually only take the time to write positive reviews unless things are so deplorably repugnant that I have to warn people-this time I am so repulsed that I am writing from the hotel room at 3:30 am.

This is the worst and most overly priced motel (this is not a hotel) I have ever had the displeasure to experience.

The man at the desk was curt and charged us for about double the listed price even though we checked in after 2am! When asked for a late check out he spared an extra 30 minutes-he's like the Saint Nick of shady motels!

They do not have roll away beds.

The room smells of stale old smoke and strong, cheap cleaning supplies but it isn't a very clean room. The bathroom counter is sticky!

The ancient beds are improperly made:
No mattress pads
Flat sheet instead of fitted not tucked at all!

The sheets are so thin and thread bare I have seen far thicker tissue paper

Wifi code not found (and I am not calling the thief at the desk)

Directly next to the highway and I can hear the cars.

I can also hear the neighbor sneeze.

The moldy ceiling tiles appear to be asbestos but I can't say for sure.

If I could I would rate a 0

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Chrissy H
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Chrissy H thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. During summer its quite busy so it very difficult to give late checkout as H K needs to make the rooms ready for arrivals. If you were not satisfied with the room, you should have informed the front desk the moment you arrived and we would have addressed your concerns. Chrissy our WI-Fi password is written on the key card cover given to you at check in. If you had notified us simply by calling front desk we would have been able to give you the code. We are currently beginning another renovation and would like to invite you back in the spring to take advantage of our upgrades.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Rating this one was tough, but if I had to sum it up - this place is certainly worn, tired, and needs some updating, but everything that mattered was comfortable and worked. The rooms are clean (except the carpet which needs replacing), the bed and linens were comfortable, the shower had fantastic pressure, great hot water and was clean. In addition, there was a new spotless and cold mini fridge, small clean and new microwave, and RCA flat-screen TV with cable that worked fine. The wireless internet was free and very good for browsing, email, etc. The A/C was a typical window unit and easily cooled the room to chilly on a very hot day/night. All this would be tough to beat for the price at under $100. Of course, as noted in some of the reviews, the entire motel is tired and could use updating, particularly the carpets, curtains, and several components of the exterior. There was evidence in the room of repaired damage. Everything in the room worked fine, though, so again - and as the manager has pointed out - the state of the motel is reflected in the price. I'd like to point out as well that the onsite pool was crystal clear and in good condition. There's a Jack Astors and a couple of other restaurants an easy walk from the hotel, and it is situated practically right on top of the entrance to either direction of the QEW. If you are a practical person who needs to stay in St Catharines, and you can live with some paint flakes, scuffs on the door and maybe a little fogging on the aging windows, this was a comfortable and very workable motel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Tim W, I appreciate for the review. I am glad that your stay was comfortable and you liked the room as our housekeeping staff work hard to ensure that room is properly cleaned. We offer great prices in the city. Yes, there are some rooms in which the carpet needs to be changed. We have taken your concern to management and they have informed us that flooring will be changed.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

It's a dump, but nice looking hooker's, inside the bathtub painted with a roller and brush, old furniture, but new TV awesome, it's time to bulldoz this palace save your money move on. What there is no more words to be said it's a dump.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Bill Watts, I value your feedback. We have recently upgraded all the washrooms of the motel. We have a zero-tolerance policy for any suspicious activity in our motel. we take proper measure so that guests have a comfortable stay with us and we are open 24 hours to serve the guest not like other motels which close at midnight. Give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Decent room with very good mattresses. Had fridge microwave and a large flat screen. Needed a paint job and new carpet very badly. Bathroom was good. Had 2 sinks. Polite gentleman was at counter.
Disagree with policy of only 2 adults per room when travelling with my adult daughter and wife. Willing to pay extra for same room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
MannyGrewal1, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Thank you outandabout4u for your feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us!

I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the room, the mattress along with the amenities in the room.

Its also great to hear that you were greeted by a polite front desk agent and clean bathroom.

We are doing some painting this year and starting to change the flooring in the rooms but its been a bit difficult based on the early start to the season.

Outandabout4u I am guessing maybe there was a misunderstanding in the way the persons per room was explained but I would like this chance to properly explain.

A room with 2 beds allows 2 adults plus two kids for no extra for the night. If there are any additional guests the cost is $10 more per adult per night. This is very standard within the hospitality industry.

Thank you for your stay!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

After numerous attempts to get an early arrival confirmation for the day of my arrival and being told each time someone would call, no one did. When I arrived in the timeframe I said I would, I got nothing but grief and talked down to by the person on the desk who claimed to be one of the owners. I was told that I should have had enough "common sense" to know that I couldn't get the check in time requested. When I got annoyed at her comment and attitude, she called the police. I would never recommend this location to anyone.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
MannyGrewal1, General Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Leslie,

We have explained this to you in person but will do so again on Trip Advisor.

You booked 1 room for 1 night of May 27 2017. On booking.com you requested a check in of 9 :30 am.

At this time of the year almost every guest requests an early check in and almost every guest requests a late check out.

You called us 2 nights in a row and were told the same thing that we would love to accommodate you but since we are sold out Friday May 26th it will be difficult.

We have many guests that book the night before for important functions like weddings.

When you arrived you were very rude and continued to yell, shout and swear at staff that you were unable to check in at 9:30 am.

At this point staff had no option but to call the police and ask you to leave the premises.

Our staff are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and we at Canadas Best Value Inn are like a family who cares about each others well being.

I have no complaint in my staffs decision to call the police on someone who was threatening and swearing at them.