“Comfortable, clean, inexpensive - needs work”

Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Rating this one was tough, but if I had to sum it up - this place is certainly worn, tired, and needs some updating, but everything that mattered was comfortable and worked. The rooms are clean (except the carpet which needs replacing), the bed and linens were comfortable, the shower had fantastic pressure, great hot water and was clean. In addition, there was a new spotless and cold mini fridge, small clean and new microwave, and RCA flat-screen TV with cable that worked fine. The wireless internet was free and very good for browsing, email, etc. The A/C was a typical window unit and easily cooled the room to chilly on a very hot day/night. All this would be tough to beat for the price at under $100. Of course, as noted in some of the reviews, the entire motel is tired and could use updating, particularly the carpets, curtains, and several components of the exterior. There was evidence in the room of repaired damage. Everything in the room worked fine, though, so again - and as the manager has pointed out - the state of the motel is reflected in the price. I'd like to point out as well that the onsite pool was crystal clear and in good condition. There's a Jack Astors and a couple of other restaurants an easy walk from the hotel, and it is situated practically right on top of the entrance to either direction of the QEW. If you are a practical person who needs to stay in St Catharines, and you can live with some paint flakes, scuffs on the door and maybe a little fogging on the aging windows, this was a comfortable and very workable motel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

It's a dump, but nice looking hooker's, inside the bathtub painted with a roller and brush, old furniture, but new TV awesome, it's time to bulldoz this palace save your money move on. What there is no more words to be said it's a dump.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Decent room with very good mattresses. Had fridge microwave and a large flat screen. Needed a paint job and new carpet very badly. Bathroom was good. Had 2 sinks. Polite gentleman was at counter.
Disagree with policy of only 2 adults per room when travelling with my adult daughter and wife. Willing to pay extra for same room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
MannyGrewal1, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Thank you outandabout4u for your feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us!

I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the room, the mattress along with the amenities in the room.

Its also great to hear that you were greeted by a polite front desk agent and clean bathroom.

We are doing some painting this year and starting to change the flooring in the rooms but its been a bit difficult based on the early start to the season.

Outandabout4u I am guessing maybe there was a misunderstanding in the way the persons per room was explained but I would like this chance to properly explain.

A room with 2 beds allows 2 adults plus two kids for no extra for the night. If there are any additional guests the cost is $10 more per adult per night. This is very standard within the hospitality industry.

Thank you for your stay!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

After numerous attempts to get an early arrival confirmation for the day of my arrival and being told each time someone would call, no one did. When I arrived in the timeframe I said I would, I got nothing but grief and talked down to by the person on the desk who claimed to be one of the owners. I was told that I should have had enough "common sense" to know that I couldn't get the check in time requested. When I got annoyed at her comment and attitude, she called the police. I would never recommend this location to anyone.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
MannyGrewal1, General Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Leslie,

We have explained this to you in person but will do so again on Trip Advisor.

You booked 1 room for 1 night of May 27 2017. On booking.com you requested a check in of 9 :30 am.

At this time of the year almost every guest requests an early check in and almost every guest requests a late check out.

You called us 2 nights in a row and were told the same thing that we would love to accommodate you but since we are sold out Friday May 26th it will be difficult.

We have many guests that book the night before for important functions like weddings.

When you arrived you were very rude and continued to yell, shout and swear at staff that you were unable to check in at 9:30 am.

At this point staff had no option but to call the police and ask you to leave the premises.

Our staff are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and we at Canadas Best Value Inn are like a family who cares about each others well being.

I have no complaint in my staffs decision to call the police on someone who was threatening and swearing at them.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

The staff throughout the duration of my stay was always friendly and the rooms were clean. It's in a great location, right by the highway and there are many restaurants surrounding it. Any needs I had were taken care of well and it was pretty quiet during the nights. I left with out my phone charger and I called the motel and they went right up to my room to grab it for me so it was at the front when I came to pick it up. Would definitely stay here again next time I'm in St.Catharines

Stayed: May 2017
MannyGrewal1, Front Office Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you Maryssa M for your feedback.

I am very pleased to hear how happy you were with your stay. It puts a smile on our entire teams faces when we get such positive feedback.

Everyone works very hard to ensure every guest feels right at home when staying with us.

We hope to see you again and serve you with the same hospitality again and again.

Thank you for your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK