“GROSS save your money”

Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Dirty smelly old unkempt. room was dirty muddy footprints not cleaned we would have left but time was a concern for us. I normally stay in Niagara Falls but decide to stay closer to our son's place. I have stayed in Niagara in rooms at the same price, much nicer. When I went to check in was told I had no reservation and need to pay.... I had paid and had confirmation in a email. After about 10 min of the clerk flipping through papers I looked over the counter and picked up the reservation paper with my name and visa receipt on it and ask could this be it? he just said "OH I Guess" it then took another 10 min to get a room key. He then told me tv and phone did not work in room. We went into room it had tools all over the place and the room was a mess not made up and the phone in pieces on the floor. I went back and he seemed POed that I complained so he gave me another room. long story short. DON'T STAY HERE

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank DiveDude69
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Thank you DiveDude69 for your feedback.

I apologize for the circumstances during your stay. The reason the front desk clerk was unable to find the reservation at time of arrival, the tools being left in the room, and the phone/television not working was becasue the room was under renovation.

Staff usually prints all paperwork prior to guest arrival so its a quick check in but the room number on the paperwork showed a room number which was under renovation and your reservation had been moved.

DiveDude69 once the staff realized this you were moved to another room and everything was fine and staff had even called to confirm and was told "This room is all fine."

Sometimes especially during renovation season it does get tricky as rooms are being closed down and others opened. Again I apologize for the mix up and hope you do give us another chance to show you our improvements and changes.

Thanks.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I went there on Christmas time.The front desk tryed to charge me a higher price than the website for the same type of the room. After noticing this, I booked by myself the room and went again to the front desk. After this I could get the room for the fair price. I didnt see any bugs, but the furniture is really old.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Thank you Andersontrajano11 for your feedback. I wish I had the chance to speak to you regarding this matter and clarify it a bit more. As a franchise property and also a property listed on the booking engines online we must stay in parity with all websites.

I believe what happened is online you saw a cheaper price which sometimes guests do but that is because being so close to the border it shows prices in USD.

I guarantee you that we would never overcharge for any type of room and would match the price if there was ever any difference.

I am guessing the rest of your stay went well and you found everything else to your standards. We are doing some renovations and would love for you to come back and take a look at some of the changes made.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Situation is ideal: very near the highway QE2 and the Niagara attractions. The rooms are basic but very spacious. Kingsize beds and good quality mattress.
Bathroom and carpet need to be renovated. Telephone didn't work. Heating system was very loud.
But the very good price is more than decisive!
The guy at the reception (evening) was very charming and willing to give information about nearby restaurants, wine tastings, but also about the political system in Canada. Very interesting!
I would recommend this motel not only for a 1 night stop, but even for several nights!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Ladylynn234,

Thank you for your review of our establishment. I am pleased you found us ideal for your stay. I do apologize for the phone not working. There was a problem with a couple of the lines at that end of the building, and we were awaiting Bell Canada to come rectify the problem. Our staff is very knowledgeable and willing to go that extra mile to help our guests enjoy their stay and all that the nearby region has to offer as well. We look forward to your next stay with us and we have your blanket set aside for you when you return.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Funky smell. Several layers of paint over wallpaper. If you set your standards and expectations real low then you won't be disappointed. You do get a fridge and microwave plus there is a large parking lot

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian P

Hello Brian P,

Thank you for your review of our establishment. I'm glad you enjoyed having a fridge and microwave in the room. We like to make sure our guests have as many comforts of home as possible while traveling. Our large parking lot allows for bus and transport parking so drivers to also have a place to stay while on the road! I do apologize that you found the room to have a "funky" smell. If you had notified us, we could have changed your room straight away for you. I invite you to come back and stay with us again in another room!

Reviewed 25 November 2016

We have stayed here a few times recently and have had some interesting times.. Rates are great but you do get what you pay for.... Hotel needs some basic repairs like a broken toilet, broken door security lock, & carpets appear dirty... We had an issue of maintenance workers a making us up as well but the manager kindly gave us a good discount and we appreciated that...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you P706NYjimmyl for your feedback. As your title says "Needs Repairs" we are pleased to say when you were staying the renovations had began. I am under the assumption that it was the noise maintenance was making that your were given the discount for.

We are replacing bathroom tiling (floor and wall), toilets, shower heads, lighting, most televisions, all security latches and much more.

I am happy that staff was able to work with you and offer that discount and everything worked out as it should.

I invite you back the next time you come this way to show you our new changes.

Thanks.

Fairview - Facer
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
Days Inn St. Catharines Niagara
#5 of 7 in St. Catharines

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK