All reviewsoutdoor poolmini golfniagara fallshot tubfairview mallwingssports barearly checkrooms are cleanfridge and microwaveyogurtfamily weddingconvenient locationeasy accessqew highwayminute driveniagara area
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I am usually very diligent when it comes to reviewing hotels on tripadvisor. This hotel was however forced on us for a wedding. I ONLY gave it 2 stars because the beds were comfortable. The shower and toilet were both clogged and even after broaching this with the front desk it was NOT rectified in over 2 days. Very run down hotel with a not so desirable location and breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ds103n
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

On behalf of the entire team we apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations during your stay. We strive for superior service and product and we failed to provide that during your stay. We are reviewing our engineering reports to see where and how this was missed. We hope you can consider us again to see the improvements we are implementing to ensure no guest requests are missed.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

My family and I have been staying in Best Westerns across th country. We are military moving from Edmonton to NB. This hotel was the worst. It smelled so musty all our belongings now stink, the wifi was unusable and our bedding wasn't changed once. We stayed there for 4 nights.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tori A
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

On behalf of the entire team, we apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations. We strive for superior service and product and in this case we failed to deliver. We are looking into the issues with your air condition and ensure it is working efficiently. We just upgraded our WIFI to double the capacity for our ever changing guests wifi needs. We are discussing with our supplier to resolve the issues you experienced during your stay. We would like to invite you back to see the updates we are implementing to improve our guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I compared the price with other hotels and thought I was going to have to sacrifice quality and amenities but was surprised with both after our stay. It has an excellent indoor pool and fitness center with a full locker room, sauna, and hot tub. The breakfast was more than just a continental breakfast having eggs, ham, potatoes, and pancakes.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The facilities overall were good. The elevator needs work because my family was stuck in it for a short time before we checked out. Given how much was saved by staying outside the Niagara Falls downtown area, it was nice but the bathroom was very small given the room size is spacious.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

As part of the wedding party, we were advised that rooms will be ready at 2pm. We arrived before that time and we were told that the room will be ready by 3:30 and we said that the only shuttle to the venue will pick us up at the hotel at 3:30, Reception said the best they can do is at 3pm to come back 3pm. Came back at 2:50, Reception stated that the rooms will not be ready at 4pm and that they can give us the back room for our bags and we can get change in the bathroom, at this time I already advised the Reception at the beginning that I have two dogs (and by the way at 11am when I called I reminded the reception that I have the dogs and I was informed that I have to take the dogs to the reception, I said excuse me, and the reception with a tone in her voice, she said "Well we are not a Kennel you know". So I said, when I booked months ago, I was informed that if we get complains from other hotel guests about the dogs, we will have to call you and you will have to either take your dogs to the wedding venue or stay with your dogs in the hotel room, which I thought was fair, so I told this to the reception and she said, "Oh okay"). So I think Best Western need to educated all their employees about policies and procedures). Anyways, after stating that 4 is not good for us and that we have to have our room by 3pm as the shuttle will pick us up by 3:30, then they put a rush to the room. We didn't get our room till 3:10pm. So we rushed to get ready, the bus was just ready to leave, lucky we got there on time. The dogs were never an issue, I didn't get a call. The next morning, we were ready by 10:20 so we can go for continental breakfast, guest WHAT, it was over. I would suggest if the check out time is at 11, please keep continental breakfast till 11am, my son was there before 8:30, and he said that most of the food tray was empty. If you know you're fully booked for wedding party, please over staffed to accommodate room service is cleaned, if you stated to the bride and groom that all guest rooms will be ready by 2pm, then it should be ready by 2pm, make sure you have enough staff to accomdate that promise. Instead, check out time is 11am, and you're telling some guest that their room will not be ready till 4pm when the wedding is a 4pm and you have a sign at the front desk that shuttle bus to the wedding is at 3:30???? Doesn't make sense!!

The worst part is, the mother of the bride doesn't even have a room, she got dress in the bathroom, how shameful is that? Her room also will not be ready till 3pm? The same for some groomsmen, so they got dress at the bridesmaid room, and checked in instead after the party otherwise they will miss the photo shoot with the bride/groom. So no, I don't think I can stay at this hotel again. Very disorganized! First impression, is a lasting impression, not only for me, but for others as well.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Adrian N, General Manager at Best Western St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of the entire team, we apologize for not being able to accommodate your early check-in request. We do not guarantee any early check-in but do our best to accommodate every request guests have. Our normal check-in is 4pm and we always suggest that if early check-in is a must please consider arriving the night before so there is no rush trying to check in early and worry if your particular room is ready for your arrival. Our breakfast hours on weekends are from 7am to 10am and weekdays 6:30am-9:30am. We are considering extending the breakfast hours on weekends until 10:30am and will discuss with our management team. Thank you for your input and we hope you will consider us again to see the changes we've made.