“Solid diner fare”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Classic diner food. Service is okay. Food is reliably good. Nothing fancy, but if you want fancy, why are you at a diner?

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Have gone a couple times this month and each was a great experience. Waitresses are pleasant and welcoming and food is above the norm for a diner spot. Had their 2 egg breakfast special - alot for very little actually. Coffee was good.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Havent been here for a couple of years so we decided to make this the place to go for lunch today with family from out of town... Stopped in for lunch and we we were greeted promptly by a friendly waitress who I wish we had gotten her name.. She was fantastic! Excellent customer service skills and we watched as she served the various tables with such efficiency and pleaseant attentive manner. We ordered one meat loaf special and three chicken club wraps and coffee's . The food arrived at the table quickly and it was delicious!! Our family was very impressed as we did not have to ask for refills on drinks as the waitress checked on our table several times throughout the meal. Upon paying the bill We left a moderate tip as well as a tip on the table and told the owners brother about the excellent waitress that we had... Definitely go back again!

1  Thank 1tiredtraveller1
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We moved away from Sarnia about 15 years ago. On return visits to see family, there are a couple of restaurants we choose to go to...one being the Cromwell Grill. Usually there are 8-12 of us that gather around the table for visiting and some home cooking. This visit was no different. We usually eat here, as a family, 4-5 times a year. Every time we are here I usually get the same thing, liver and onions. I really enjoy it and I never cook it at home being the only one that likes it. This time, there was NO liver. It had not been picked up at the butchers yet. " What will I have??" It wasn't long before the owner, Gus, came out and said if I was willing to wait just a bit, they would get the liver for me!.. What great service! I said yes,enjoyed my soup(chicken and rice) and roll while waiting. It did not take long for it to be served..two generous sized pieces with lots of onions, mashed potatoes and vegetable. Granted, this is not a fine dining establishment but we enjoy being able to share a meal with our extended family and can always leave satisfied. Guaranteed we will be back for a meal....an me, I'll be ordering liver and onions!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Went for lunch and ordered the special, salad and western sandwich. The waitress brought me a salad with lettuce (some of it brown) that was it, no carrots , nothing. I complained and she brought me something better like she was really being nice to me. The waitress had a lot of attitude. This restaurant has really gone down, starting with the help. We eat out a lot but never here again.