“Family lunch”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We moved away from Sarnia about 15 years ago. On return visits to see family, there are a couple of restaurants we choose to go to...one being the Cromwell Grill. Usually there are 8-12 of us that gather around the table for visiting and some home cooking. This visit was no different. We usually eat here, as a family, 4-5 times a year. Every time we are here I usually get the same thing, liver and onions. I really enjoy it and I never cook it at home being the only one that likes it. This time, there was NO liver. It had not been picked up at the butchers yet. " What will I have??" It wasn't long before the owner, Gus, came out and said if I was willing to wait just a bit, they would get the liver for me!.. What great service! I said yes,enjoyed my soup(chicken and rice) and roll while waiting. It did not take long for it to be served..two generous sized pieces with lots of onions, mashed potatoes and vegetable. Granted, this is not a fine dining establishment but we enjoy being able to share a meal with our extended family and can always leave satisfied. Guaranteed we will be back for a meal....an me, I'll be ordering liver and onions!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Went for lunch and ordered the special, salad and western sandwich. The waitress brought me a salad with lettuce (some of it brown) that was it, no carrots , nothing. I complained and she brought me something better like she was really being nice to me. The waitress had a lot of attitude. This restaurant has really gone down, starting with the help. We eat out a lot but never here again.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

This low cost restaurant is good for home style foods at very reasonable prices. Dinner comes with soup or salad and the portions are very generous

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Food is good, tasty, well-portioned and unpretentious. Pretty much what you would expect at a traditional diner. Way too noisy though, not good for conversation or families with small kids. Being an all-day breakfast joint you would expect better quality coffee but it's not undrinkable.

Service however is extremely poor, servers have no manners and zero customer-service skills. We went for late breakfast. For starters it took at least 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. Started with coffee but not -once- were we offered a refill in over one hour there. I had to walk to the counter twice and asked if someone could come around with coffee, they did at one point but 10 minutes later each time. No luck getting refills on water.

When ordering we were promptly discouraged of any changes or modifications to the menu items. Good thing the food was tasty as we were ready to just leave in the 25 minutes we waited for our food while staring at our empty coffee cups.

With other much friendlier places in town, there's really no need to subject ourselves to the horrible service of this place.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

The waitress was not happy that we we had a larger party , we decided to go last minute at a usually friendly place that we used to know. She seemed annoyed when asking her for items that she forgot to bring out in the first place. The other guests were more friendly to us than our waitress.