Don't let that photo fool you .. that's the tower section. It will cost you extra to stay in that section. Your standard reservation will be in the 2-storey section .. which is comparable to a Motel 6 environment. Even my Platinum Elite status wasn't able to grant me a free upgrade. Judging from the empty parking lot, I don't think the hotel was even a quarter full. I was so disappointed (and displeased with the room condition) that I checked out the next day. Worked a full 36-hr shift to get as much work done so that I didn't have to stay in Sarnia. Unfortunately, I had to stay some extra nights. Checked back into the hotel. Again, no complimentary upgrade to the tower section with my Platinum Elite status. Couldn't bear to stay another night in the horrid 2-storey section. Paid for the upgrade to be in the newer tower section. I will be planning my business trips to Sarnia more carefully so that I do not have to stay overnight (at that hotel again).
As a last resort, I may try out that new Comfort Inn, one exit before 402.
Did I mention that the coffee cream had a piece of dirt in the container (at the Bridges restaurant).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel In Sarnia Offers Quality Service With beautiful views of the marina and the comforts of home, you can expect a relaxing stay at the Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel and Conference Center in Point Edward, ON. Our hotel's convenient location is 10 km from Sarnia Chris Hadfield Airport (YZR). From the Point Edward Charity Casino to Centennial Park, numerous attractions surround our hotel's guests. In Sarnia, you can visit the Sarnia Sports & Entertainment Center, see a show at the Imperial Theatre or shop at Lambton Mall. Golfers can enjoy a game at our own 9-hole Holiday Inn Golf Course or one of the many greens throughout Sarnia. Lodging here is also beneficial for business travelers working with Aamjiwnaang First Nations, Ontario Power Generation, UWO Research Park, Chemical Valley, the Canadian Coast Guard and more. Our hotel's amenities include over 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, business suites and a 24-hour business centre to meet your corporate needs. We go beyond other hotels in Sarnia to bring you the comforts of home, such as the on-site Bridges Bistro and Freightor's Lounge, an indoor and an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a sauna and a fitness centre. Our Sarnia hotel's rooms feature work areas with free high-speed Internet access, large TVs, spacious layouts and beautiful views. We are also 4 Green Keys - Environmentally! You'll enjoy a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn hotel- Sarnia.Local pictures courtesy of TSL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, IHG and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Sarnia
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel And Conf Center
- Sarnia Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center Ontario