All reviews continental breakfast whirlpool tub heart of downtown poutine parking garage within walking distance comfortable rooms front desk staff mini fridge fireplace coupon trent
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Pleasant staff. Ideal location in terms of proximity for downtown eating/shopping. Room came with free parking and 10%off at local restaurants. The room was clean, included a fireplace and jet tub. Breakfast was nice. I'd come back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank randomadventurer13
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Two windows and this was my view. it was like a smelly dungeon. This particular room looked like something out of a 1970s motel. Asked for help first night, they said they'd take care of it , they didn't and I never saw them again for my entire stay (3 days). I live in this town and could not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
bsahni, Manager at Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Sorry for your experience. However, Staff tried to accommodate you as best as possible but were yelled and abused at. We hope everything works out for you and best of luck!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

This was my first time visting Peterborough, and I had an excellent time! I actually won an evening at Inn & Suites with the PTBO MusicFest, & the hotel+concert were a great way to experience 'downtown' Peterborough.

Here are details:
- I was put in a huge room with a king size bed (those thing are giant!). Two large windows facing a courtyard, carpeted floor, closet space, bedside tables, adjustable heat/ac, desk, mini fridge (& usual amenities), lounging chairs and coffee table, flat screen tv, fireplace. The bathroom was sizable; tile floor, with both shower & large jacuzzi tub, one sink/toilet/mirror, usual towels & amenities. Multiple outlets in bedroom, one outlet by the sink in bathroom. Warm bedroom lighting, some natural light. Bright bathroom lighting.
- PRO: location is in the heart of 'downtown' Peterborough. You can walk to most anything, especially to some quaint, affordable restaurants with great food (check out the Whistle Stop!).
- PRO: the hotel is rather quaint, but possesses the vintage charm of brassy fixtures, eclectic art pieces, & textured rugs. It feels like an aged debutante might permanently live there.
- PRO: the small staff were sociable, helpful, & genuinely kind. They were the best part of my stay!
- PRO: accessible to those with limited mobility; no stair walk-ups, two smallish elevators. It's worth calling about more wheelchair accessibility options, as it is an older building.
- NEUTRAL: I also has an issue with the television but staff was very helpful & came up to my room to see if the issue could be resolved. When it could not, they were more than accommodating to offer another room.
- CON: I had an issue with the AC (it was a little on the loud/clunky side) but I kind of always do, so I didn't mention it to staff.
-CON: the breakfast was a bit disappointing (ie. bagels/bread/toaster/condiments, coffee/tea, some whole fruit, if I recall correctly maybe scrambled eggs?), but good for grabbing a quick coffee & running out the door. I had an enjoyable time on the main floor with the morning paper & news, but it probably would be pretty crowded on a busy weekend. Go out to brek instead- there are so many amazing options close to the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, & I'm coming back for another PTBO Musicfest. It seems like a favourite for other visitors, & you'll be able to tell why right off the bat. It's certainly a unique option when you're looking for character outside of a hotel chain.

Room Tip: bring a bath bomb to try out that dang jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Monica K
Reviewed 10 April 2017

My husband, friends, and I have stayed at this hotel countless times when visiting Peterborough. The experience is always top notch. When Holiday Inn messed up our reservation, Peterborough Inn fit us in the day of. When we left our phone charger in the room, Peterborough Inn offered to mail it to us at no charge. Seriously, this hotel is easy going, friendly, and the location can't be beat. Plus, each room we have stayed in is a little bit different, making the hotel a unique experience each time we go. Seriously recommend.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Heather H
Reviewed 5 April 2017

The stay here was very good the staff were very helpful and friendly.They do have a continental breakfast but there is no restaurant or bar and the main thing the room was very clean.Downtown has many different places to eat from steaks to burgers also many places to have a drink featuring many different types of beers we enjoyed going to St Veronus cafe and tap room.Also the price for the room was excellent compared to the other hotels.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple