Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 121
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$ 121
Hotels.comUS$ 121
Destinia.comUS$ 206
All reviews parking garage across the street parliament hill modern design great hotel slater street le germain byward market public parking comfortable bed great stay business trip within walking distance mini fridge front desk staff lobby downtown blinds
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2020

I was booked here by work for two nights. On the first night the in room internet did not work. It did on the subsequent evening. The shower did not get beyond a little over freezing at the hottest setting and would fluctuate back and forth. This is not Le Germain Hotels best hotel, I stayed at the one in Ste Foy several times and it was great. The room was also tiny - even the bed is not a Queen (far from a King) and is maybe a twin and is kind of short, and the blankets are pffff. The styling is modern and the location is excellent but that is sadly the best you can say about the Hotel. Oh also no water bottles are given as comp and the blinds allow in light in the morning.
The Delta where work put me up a few other times in Ottawa is far superior.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dino Gurusamy, General Manager at Alt Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to read these comments and would love to make this right. Please kindly contact us directly at the hotel so that we can personally follow up with you. At the Alt Hotel Ottawa we know the importance of a comfortable bed and a hot shower and again disappointed we weren't able to deliver that to you on your last stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2020

So normally a place like this would have been beyond my budget but with the unfortunate COVID situation and the Ottawa Tourism $100 rebate I decided it was worth it.

I had a really great stay! The room was clean, modern, spacious, and well layed out. The TV had a Chromecast where you can stream your phone's Netflix/YouTube to very easily. I requested a mini fridge and a yoga mat which is a great way to get in some exercise, even if you are on vacation. There is a Nespresso machine with liquid coffee mate (not powder) which was lovely.

The location is excellent. I had a transit pass which I found unnecessary because I found myself walking to/from The National Gallery, Byward Market, Parliament, and even the Museum of Canadian History across the border.

The staff were great and the best part was, they let me check out at 5pm (!) so I felt like I got another day out of the hotel. I was able to have lunch inside and shower before my train ride home. (They do their best and might not always be able to accommodate such a late check out).

As a COVID precaution, there was hand sanitizer everywhere. There was no housekeeping during stay but honestly I prefer that. During my stay I never had to share an elevator but this might not be the case when it is busier. That being said the elevators are spacious and fast. I felt safe.

The only maybe negative (and it wasn't for me but might be for some) is that this hotel faces a windowless building to the north. The lower levels will have no view so if that is important to you, arrange for a higher room.

Room tip: Higher floor if you want a view.
Date of stay: September 2020
Dino Gurusamy, General Manager at Alt Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad you were able to take advantage of the Ottawa Tourism Promotion and enjoyed your extended time in the hotel. While being in downtown Ottawa has it's advantages, like easy access to everything in the city as you mentioned, we don't always have the best views (unless you count our lobby)!
We will look forward to your next visit with us soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2020

Great hotel. Superb location and fantastic staff. Convenient and inexpensive public parking across the street. Very clean and seems to be new. Nice large and clean rooms.
It would be even better if they could include breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2020
Dino Gurusamy, General Manager at Alt Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Thank you for your review! We love your feedback and are working on a breakfast package to be added to future bookings! Hopefully on your next trip to Ottawa it will be ready for your booking!

Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit on Labour Day Weekend. While observing physical distancing and sanitation measures of the hotel, we still very much enjoyed wonderful cocktails served up by Isaac in the lobby lounge. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We chose a basic room, not large but comfortable bed and nice linens. I did notice the ceiling was unfinished (not sure if renovations are still underway). The location on Slater Street is close enough to visit any of the tourist sites. We look forward to a return visit to Ottawa for another stay at the Alt Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dino Gurusamy, General Manager at Alt Hotel Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2020

Thank you for you kind review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at our bar and that Isaac was able to make you some delicious cocktails. Our ceilings, much like other areas of the hotel, have expose concrete to give it a real urban feel. It is a very unique look, but we love being a unique hotel. Please come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2020 via mobile

Visited Ottawa for a few days for a mini getaway. I was a bit nervous staying in a hotel during Covid however everything was on point from the time I booked through to check in and check out. Clear guidelines and service was laid out. And the hotel was spotless. Veronique was very friendly and always smiling behind her mask! I had never stayed at this brand hotel before but will now have it on my list of places to look into when travelling again. On a side note, downtown Ottawa is normally bustling but was very quiet this summer. Unfortunate but it was nice to have it to ourselves.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your positive review! We are very glad our additional cleaning and safety procedures helped you feel at ease during your stay! We are very proud of Veronique and the service she provides here at the Alt Ottawa, and are extremely happy to hear that you felt her smile even behind her mask. We will look forward to having you join us again soon!