“Ja? Ja! This is a great mittel European take out ...”

Duna European Bistro
Ranked #250 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Just eight bar chairs lined up against a window, this hole in the wall in Blackburn Hamlet does not disappoint in the middle European food category. Superb schnitzels, goulash, chicken paprikash to name a few. Reasonable prices and friendly hosts. This place weaves together Poland, Hungary, Austria, Germany and Czech. So good .....

1  Thank roadfooder
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Duna European Bistro

Reviewed 27 November 2016

My daughter attends school in the states and came home for American Thanksgiving, as she was back in Canada she wanted perogies. With family in both Dauphin, Mn.and Vegriville, AB we know our perogies and these were among the best we have ever had. The schnitzel was amazing too and size huge! The owner was very upbeat and cheerful. My daughters friend said Canadians are so friendly, which made me proud to have him represent like that. The restaurant will become an instant go to place for future visits, can hardly wait. The funnier thing, the next day we were doing an escape room on the west side of town and we told the other players that we had just met about how we were on a quest for perogies and one of the people we just met said you have to go to this place that serves schnitzel and perogies... Duna...best ever- he loved it too❤️

1  Thank Gail S
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Amazing food. Wonderful family restaurant and very friendly atmosphere. They accommodated our large group and went above and beyond. Would definitely go back

1  Thank Adil P
Reviewed 10 November 2016

All I can say, is that my whole experience was amazing!! When I first walked in, I felt right at home, Basia and Paul are amazing people!
I went there for the first time, due to I wanted to surprise my girlfriend (who is German, BTW) with some German food, and they did not disappoint. When I got home with a pizza box (large Schnitzel..lol) I could see some disappointment in her eyes, until I opened the box. Her eyes lit up like a child in a candy store. We had this amazing Schnitzel, Spaetzle with Caramelized Onions, Sauteed Sauerkraut with Bacon and Herbs, Cold Beet Salad with Fresh Dill and Onions, and to finish this amazing dinner...their new freshly made authentic Apple Strudel!! You cannot go wrong with this little place. Trust me, you won't regret one bite!!

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 28 August 2016

We searched on German food and this was the closest to us so between the distance and the other TA reviews, we decided to give it a try. It is primarily a take out as others have mentioned, but the atmosphere is that of your best friend's kitchen. And the food--well no best friend of mine can cook like this. We had schnitzel with red cabbage and sauerkraut (husband) and Hungarian goulash with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes for me. We also took a side of spaetzle and perogis for the next day to have as leftovers. Excellent move! They are closed Sunday and we had a serious hankering to eat there again.

2  Thank Christine B