“very fun”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I dont really understand what was so nice. the food was good, the atmosphere was crowded but good, and the service was great. Its not high end by any means but we had a blast. We were recommended this place by another couple. I cant put my finger on why it was so good but we really had fun and I'd recommend it to anyone visiting looking for a pub-style place

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Great lunch fare and atmosphere- a nice change from the downtown chains.
Woman behind the bar was unbelievably hard working and efficient.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

So good, we all enjoyed our meals. The Lamb Curry is exceptional! Not as a large pub however the atmosphere is excellent. Great choice of beers.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

My friend and I visited this pub after finding our original destination was not open. The pub is dark and dreary as it seems most pubs are these days. We had good service from our waiter but this wasn't surprising as we were the only patrons at the time. I had the pulled pork sandwich and had asked if the usual cole slaw could be put outside the bun so that it wouldn't be all soggy. The cole slaw was served in a separate cup as requested but by the time I had finished my soup (which was excellent) the other condiments had soaked through to the bottom bun. My friend had the chick pea burger which she really enjoyed. It was served with wedge fries which she said were also very good.

1  Thank Marilyn L
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with a family member - black bean dip, chickpea burger and pulled pork on a bun with pineapple salsa. We loved our main meals with hot, salty potato wedges - everything was plated nicely and served hot. We’ll be back when we have time to sample the 24 or so types of beer on tap! We liked the idea of the bean dip - it had something in it that didn’t appeal to me particularly but my lunch partner enjoyed it. Just personal taste. The service was really prompt and friendly. Hope to see you soon!