“A great experience....”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

So good, we all enjoyed our meals. The Lamb Curry is exceptional! Not as a large pub however the atmosphere is excellent. Great choice of beers.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

My friend and I visited this pub after finding our original destination was not open. The pub is dark and dreary as it seems most pubs are these days. We had good service from our waiter but this wasn't surprising as we were the only patrons at the time. I had the pulled pork sandwich and had asked if the usual cole slaw could be put outside the bun so that it wouldn't be all soggy. The cole slaw was served in a separate cup as requested but by the time I had finished my soup (which was excellent) the other condiments had soaked through to the bottom bun. My friend had the chick pea burger which she really enjoyed. It was served with wedge fries which she said were also very good.

1  Thank Marilyn L
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with a family member - black bean dip, chickpea burger and pulled pork on a bun with pineapple salsa. We loved our main meals with hot, salty potato wedges - everything was plated nicely and served hot. We’ll be back when we have time to sample the 24 or so types of beer on tap! We liked the idea of the bean dip - it had something in it that didn’t appeal to me particularly but my lunch partner enjoyed it. Just personal taste. The service was really prompt and friendly. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We were recommended to come here from a resident of Ottawa and we are so glad we did. It was a busy Saturday night and had to wait about 20 minutes for our table. We had a drink at the bar whilst waiting. All the staff were very pleasant, we placed our order once seated and our food arrived within about 25 minutes. I had the spicy chickpea burger with fries, salad and the garlic mayonnaise- which all were delicious! My husband had a choice off the special board of burger and fries - his too was gorgeous. I would highly recommend this place - the atmosphere is vibrant and friendly. Go hungry, because you get a plateful! Good choice of beers, ciders whiskies etc.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I knew about this place from its reputation. It was a regular stop for a family member. What surprised me was the quality and originality of the food. Pub "food" was always an accommodation to me in the past. The company or location or music or beer selection was usually more critical. I think this separates the Manx from the rest. It offers atmosphere, great food, and plenty of beer choices. I've only visited a few times. Always packed. The only reason I have not visit more often is due to my "broken" logic. Ie. Pubs do not normally offer good dining. PS. The service was attentive and friendly.