“Worth the wait”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We were recommended to come here from a resident of Ottawa and we are so glad we did. It was a busy Saturday night and had to wait about 20 minutes for our table. We had a drink at the bar whilst waiting. All the staff were very pleasant, we placed our order once seated and our food arrived within about 25 minutes. I had the spicy chickpea burger with fries, salad and the garlic mayonnaise- which all were delicious! My husband had a choice off the special board of burger and fries - his too was gorgeous. I would highly recommend this place - the atmosphere is vibrant and friendly. Go hungry, because you get a plateful! Good choice of beers, ciders whiskies etc.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I knew about this place from its reputation. It was a regular stop for a family member. What surprised me was the quality and originality of the food. Pub "food" was always an accommodation to me in the past. The company or location or music or beer selection was usually more critical. I think this separates the Manx from the rest. It offers atmosphere, great food, and plenty of beer choices. I've only visited a few times. Always packed. The only reason I have not visit more often is due to my "broken" logic. Ie. Pubs do not normally offer good dining. PS. The service was attentive and friendly.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Been a few times over the years. The food is ok. The beer is beer. I find the seating to be uncomfortable. It has been around for years -- not really sure if it has a pub vibe. Anyway, I don't get it, others do. It's worth a visit -- make your own call. But it gets packed so pick your time. I will only go during off times -- and I order my pint from the bar because I have found the service to be "sketchy" at times and I am a tad impatient. Giver a go.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 6 August 2017

A friend showed me this gem hidden in a basement. I have had dinner as well as brunch there. Friendly service and delicious food.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We were planning to go somewhere else, but they had over an hour-long waitlist! Then I remembered this place. It doesn't look like much from the street, and my fiance didn't even know it was there, although we walk by it quite often.
There was no wait, we got served quickly, the waiter was very attentive and helpful.
My fiance could not decide between BLT and banana bread French toast, so he ordered both . I was torn between eggs Benedict and huevos rancheros, chose the latter, but then saw how amazing eggs Benedict looked at the table next to us... Oh well. What I got was very tasty too. I guess I'll have to return for those eggs...

Date of visit: July 2017