“Great atmosphere & excellent food!!”
Review of Spiga Trattoria - CLOSED

Spiga Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Portuguese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed 26 December 2014

I was there with a few work colleagues for a casual dinner, a few weeks before Christmas.

They serve Portuguese / Italian food, in a decor that's upscale and tasteful.

The service was excellent throughout our meal, with an attentive waiter that was always around to help or answer questions. The appetizers came in a very creative manner, in two contraptions whereby the shrimp and sausage hung over a small flame to keep them warm.

Everyone appreciated the main dishes as well, with a feeling of quality and attention to detail in everything. I had a sausage rotini that was out of this world!

I had not heard of this place until I found it here on TripAdvisor when one of our folks wanted an Italian restaurant. I really enjoyed my visit, and I'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 3 September 2014

The restaurant had a nice cozy, European ambience. The music was pleasant & not too loud like in some restaurants.The waiter was very attentive. Really enjoyed the food. I initially ordered pasta but since the cook was making a fresh batch of sauce I was given a free bowl of calde verde! Such a small bowl and yet filling and delicious. The bread sticks as well as the fresh Portuguese buns with the wine was a delight! By the time the main course arrived I was full so I had the waiter wrap it up for later. I will return to this restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I went to this restaurant on a business dinner and for my surprise it was a Portuguese restaurant! There were things on the menu like bacalhau com natas, atum a algarvia, caldeirada, caldo verde... for a Portuguese away from home it was a treat! The food was delicious and the service great. I would recommend the bacalhau com natas (salted codfish with cream). Will definitly go back!

1  Thank Ariana L
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Cafe Spiga is a a Portuguese/Italian place not too far from downtown.
The food was very tasteful, I got chicken cooked with a Port wine reduction sauce, and chorizo sausage, served with perfectly cooked and seasoned oven roasted potatoes. The waitress was also very pleasant, from the Azores Islands, one more guarantee that the food was going to be authentically good, or so we hoped! I also had the chance to use their restroom, absolutely spotless!

1  Thank NiKkOsAn