“Great choice for solo dining”
Review of Aroma Meze

Aroma Meze
Ranked #6 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Aroma Small Plates and Wine. The first of its kind in Canada! Come and enjoy "Meze" the food that reflects the way of life in Greek culture. Meze...an eating style, ancient in origin, favored in Greece and the Mediterranean. It is where eating is a hospitality and a celebration.
Reviewed 24 April 2017

What a find! I couldn't wait to get back to my hotel room to write a review. It is a small plates restaurant but with 3 small plates you have more than enough food. The restaurant is in a house and has enough tables for 2 to make a solo diner comfortable. The space IS small though (set up in an older house) so I do recommend a reservation if you are planning on going during peak dining times. I had the best greek salad I've ever had! On the menu it is "Horiatiki Salata", "Shrimp Tacos" (Fried tiger shrimp in coconut batter, served with chili sauce and mango salsa on our homemade corn tortilla)...you get 2! and, to finish a dessert-like Madjool Stuffed Dates (dates stuffed with gorgonzola cheese, topped with pan-seared foie gras, deglazed with Marsala, spicy gingered candied walnuts). With a glass of Temperanillo (Spain), water and a finishing peppermint tea it was a relatively quick meal but one that was memorable. There are many gluten free options FYI. Next time you are in Ottawa consider a visit to this restaurant.

1  Thank Centre_of_Canada
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Aroma Meze

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Comfort place, good services and tasty food. Until I finish half of the meatball - my son discover some kind of long hair inside.

4  Thank Yan5317
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We went in because of the TripAdvisor ranking, we walked out because one of us found HAIR in meat ball!.....

We graceful ask for the bill, they serve it without an apology or discount... speechless

The experience makes doubt the hygiene of a small restaurant , Think again before you go.

4  Thank Mymin
Reviewed 16 April 2017

The four of us shared six dishes and each one was excellent. They included a salad, a lamb dish, calamari, stuffed dates, stuffed mushrooms, and shrimp and gnocci. We each had wine or beer as well. The price was fair for the amount and quality of the food. We will go back! Service was pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

We went to try this restaurant based on Trip Advisors suggestion from a local restaurants search. And very happy we did!

Aroma Meze is nestled steps away from downtown main streets in what almost feels like a residential street. It's in an old house converted to a restaurant and certainly has a very cozy feel.

The service is excellent and the menu is quite extensive. They offer many different tapas dishes. Spicy, vegetarian, meaty.....there was something for everyone.

The food was presented so nicely and the flavors were bursting. The lamb sliders were definitely memorable!

So why did I give this place only a 4-star rating you might ask? Simply because I don't feel the value was there. The portion size is a little too small, even for tapas. It's great that you can pay per item for one person, however, after spending over $100 for 3 people and having to leave the restaurant hungry, that just isn't acceptable in my mind.

All in all, it was a great experience. I don't think I'd return and only because I don't live in Ottawa and there are so many other great restaurants to try!